limited edition gen V development book

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Head over to drivesrt.com and check out Maurice's new book!

http://www.drivesrt.com/viperbook/

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would be..(interested in the group buy).....but I just bought one.

It looks like a must have for everybody on this site. And ordering is just in time for Xmas!

I'm still hoping I end up with another..(Owner's version!)...LOL!

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they won't ship until the middle of next year but if you don't preorder one (and don't buy a new car) you won't be able to get one as they are presale exclusive.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys let's get at least 10 guys together and have the books shipped to one guy, I want one of the special ones :)

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they going to be in a cheaper paperback edition?? lol

No BUT you can get the "regular" hardback version WITHOUT the 32 pages of additional content including final testing, a David Kimble cutaway drawing, details of the painting process, first production, media launch, the book and presentation box wrapped in identical or similar leather used in the real car and more.

Amazon has it listed now for about $27 including shipping if you pick the free shipping option.

I've already ordered one while I struggle with my bank account over this special edition.:headbang:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No BUT you can get the "regular" hardback version WITHOUT the 32 pages of additional content including final testing, a David Kimble cutaway drawing, details of the painting process, first production, media launch, the book and presentation box wrapped in identical or similar leather used in the real car and more.

Amazon has it listed now for about $27 including shipping if you pick the free shipping option.

I've already ordered one while I struggle with my bank account over this special edition.:headbang:
are you sure you are talking about the same book ?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on another note it would be nice if ralph , maurice, and the guys would sign the books with the launch edition cars. they would only have to sign 200 books.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two versions of the book. According to Maurice: "There will be two versions of this book; the first version is the consumer or "trade" version of this book which will be on bookstore shelves/websites in January. The second version is for customers who purchase the new Viper. It is a special 192 page, leather-wrapped book which contains 32 pages of additional content which completes the story since the car's introduction at the New York autoshow in April. Go behind the scenes with me and see how the Viper was rescued, how the design was created and refined, how the car was engineered and tested, and how the remodeled plant builds the latest generation Viper. "

The VCA officers received an email for Maurice about the book and group buy. Chances are your local region may already be in on the group buy for the owner's version hardcover book. Check with your local president.

SRT VIPER - An American Supercar Returns
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Foreword by Ralph Gilles
1) The Glory Days - Viper's history
2) Life or Death - Viper narrowly escapes death
3) Design Evolution or Revolution - Designing the Gen V Viper
4) No Guts, No Glory - The inside story
5) The Mighty V-10 - Squeezing blood from a turnip
6) Engineering The New Viper
7) Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
8) Building a 200 mph Watch - Building the Viper
9) Viper Meets The World - Marketing the new Viper
10) The Adventure Continues - (Additional content for owners edition)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Considering that this book has over 2 years of design, engineering,testing, and marketing data, it should be a remarkable testament to the Gen V ! What a great idea Ralph and SRT had to document Stryker and the drama of a really new Viper. The foresight is the basis for why so many things at SRT and Chrysler are going well since the merger. Maurice is likely one of the most passionate and dedicated Viper fanatics and as the first VCA President he has the tenure to tell a remarkable story. He has seen the various Generations unfold and I would almost guarantee this will be a book that every Viperphile will want to have in his automotive library. Congrats to Maurice and SRT for the insight to chronicle this fantastic machine.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I once paid $200 to buy some Dark Knight book, why wouldn't I pay the same for Gen V Viper? :D

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Count me in on a group buy.

Edit: just saw the group is 10 or more to a single address. Oops.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys you KNOW it takes 10 cylinders to make the quantity rebate group buy a Viper!

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By November 30th.
Been changed to Dec 15th now. If I had known. the kids could have ate that week since I took it out of the food budget before the Nov 30 cutoff.
I looked the other day and added to his other thread.
Just spend the $25 extra and get your order in, Jeeez I spent (wasted) that much at Taco Bell last night.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i dont see it on amazon

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the packaging and partial content description as described by I Bin Therebefor the same for the Deluxe version?

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/SRT-Viper-Ame...&qid=1355351503&sr=1-1&keywords=viper+Maurice

No the packaging is NOT the same.

32 pages are "missing", specifically, 10) The Adventure Continues - (Additional content for owners edition) .

SRT VIPER - An American Supercar Returns
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Foreword by Ralph Gilles
1) The Glory Days - Viper's history
2) Life or Death - Viper narrowly escapes death
3) Design Evolution or Revolution - Designing the Gen V Viper
4) No Guts, No Glory - The inside story
5) The Mighty V-10 - Squeezing blood from a turnip
6) Engineering The New Viper
7) Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
8) Building a 200 mph Watch - Building the Viper
9) Viper Meets The World - Marketing the new Viper
10) The Adventure Continues - (Additional content for owners edition) -missing from Amazon version

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maurice came to the Dan Cragin (SPT) track day last week. He brought a copy that was fresh from the printers. He donated it to the SoCal club to auction off. After the auction it was personally signed by Maurice, Ralph and Dick Winkles (who developed the V-10 engine).

It is a real first class item. Great insider pictures and articles that Maurice was able to put together with tremendous insider access to the development process.

I only had a chance to quickly look through it, but it is really a pretty impressive publication.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered one from Amazon, gave me a reason to use the few bucks in amazon points I had sitting around.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R