line item accountability for club spending

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's anything like our region or GA, it's all spent by the President under the hood or at ******'s :D
j/k of course. Should be easy enough to produce.
Run Michael, Run!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry you missed the Annual Meeting in January at Duffy's. Mary had the checkbook there available for any member to see and gave a report on club finances.

As always it's an "open door" policy with our club expenses. I will send you Mary (our club treasurer) email so you can contact her directly with any questions or you can also email me if she can't answer something.

Cheers,

Michael

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know how much the club collected and what we spent club money on. Line by line who got what and how much.

Ummmm..... Why would you ask a question like that on a public forum?
If YOU (just 1 member, not the entire VCA) had a request to see some club accounting, why wouldn't you
call or send an email? Especially since you have known Mike for years. You also know that he would not
hesitate to provide you with anything you needed????
Posting a thread like you did suggests improprieties.....IMO
Like Mike said, one of the recent events you missed was set up to address questions like yours.
Too bad you werent able to make that meeting or any of the others that theses issues are openly discussed.

You obviously have an agenda by posting a question like that on this forum. What is it?
Why did you need an audience for a personal?

You should try to come out to a Gateway club Viper event sometime. Its a lot of fun. The club plans all kinds of driving
and social get togethers... We would typically see you at the Xmas party every year, but not at any of the
driving events, cruises etc..

That being said, I understand where you are coming from. If I rarely attended any club events of any kind, I would have questions as to where the money went too.....

If there's anything I can do, let me know....

Mike Perkins
Vice Pres. Gateway VC

Sorry you missed the Annual Meeting in January at Duffy's. Mary had the checkbook there available for any member to see and gave a report on club finances.

As always it's an "open door" policy with our club expenses. I will send you Mary (our club treasurer) email so you can contact her directly with any questions or you can also email me if she can't answer something.

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shouldn’t make any difference if it's public or a private forum. This is a club of members and the information is to be made available to all. It makes no difference if I attend every club function or none of them. My rights as a member are the same as any member in good standing. Why is my meeting attendance being attacked?
I ask for a simple statement of accountability.
I believe we as members need to know what we pay for. How much did we bring in from the national club? How much did we spend on travel, who went, what did we pay for. What did we spend for parties, drink, snacks, club events.
Why not post the financials in the new letter for all to see.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It shouldn’t make any difference if it's public or a private forum. This is a club of members and the information is to be made available to all. It makes no difference if I attend every club function or none of them. My rights as a member are the same as any member in good standing. Why is my meeting attendance being attacked?
I ask for a simple statement of accountability.
I believe we as members need to know what we pay for. How much did we bring in from the national club? How much did we spend on travel, who went, what did we pay for. What did we spend for parties, drink, snacks, club events.
Why not post the financials in the new letter for all to see.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

All of that info, as stated above, was discussed at several club functions and always available by simply asking....:dunno:.

At the risk of being redundant, "we as members" know what we pay for because we attend the events that are planned and paid for with the club funds. We also discuss these functions in great detail to get the best deal for the club. Members regularly contact Mike or myself with questions, suggestions or whatever regarding the club events. Everything is also spelled out in the monthly newsletter that our pres. sends out.
Maybe we could verify your email

If it makes you feel better, I guess it would be to the presidents discretion to set a VCA precident and publicly post the clubs accounting.

You might be on to something though... Let's call this out in public.

Every one that knows Mike K. can understand your concern to get things out in the open.
He is a little "shady". After all, look at Mike's track record. Dishonesty, laziness and generally not caring about the club all describe our pres'.....:smirk:

Mike is too polite to respond in the "appropriate manor". Especially after you asked for the readily available info here.

....And especially after considering you a friend for over 10 years....:dunno:

F

FrgMstr

Not that I have a dog in the Gateway hunt, but what do you have to hide? Easy question, just friggin answer it instead of giving him BS about how he asked it.

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gateway Club is a great Club. I don’t care for the negative light this thread has put it in.

And as if volunteering countless hours to run the club is not thankless enough.

No attack for not being able to attend events (we all have things to do), but from my estimation ...... if you can't participate in club events, you are buying a $100 magazine subscription and a name badge.

I personally struggled with renewing my subscription after hearing things that troubled me at the Natl level. I ended up renewing so I could support my LOCAL club; they are some great people and friends. As a bonus I get a free magazine.

I don't think a public forum is the place to question "who got what and how much". Did you previously make a request that was being ignored that compelled you to pose this question (that can be, and apparently has been, construed as innuendo) in a public forum?

I hope you accept Michael's invitation to view the finances since you were unable to attend the meeting where they were discussed.

After reviewing the finances and if you disagree with how the money is being spent, get involved. If you choose not to get involved, you’ll be stuck with the decisions that are made without you and a $100 magazine subscription.

But most of all, you would miss hanging out with some great people and we’ll be left to enjoy the hors d'oeuvres your sponsorship of the club provides.

After reviewing the finances, you will need to post your findings here to set the record straight.

Yes, I back the Gateway Leadership 110%.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I have a dog in the Gateway hunt, but what do you have to hide? Easy question, just friggin answer it instead of giving him BS about how he asked it.

Absolutely nothing to hide. The email of the club treasurer has been provided to the member. Our club primarily helps pay for local events, food at events, gifts for the members, and items for the club auction. I just bought some items for our club's annual holiday party this week that I think they all will enjoy and find useful. I like to plan ahead like that and keep my members happy in the process. The only thing our local club pays for me annually is the airport parking when I'm at our annual president's meeting. Most of it is covered by nat'l but the rest comes out of my own pocket, as the cost of airfare, hotel, and rental car far exceed the covered level of reimbursement. I am grateful that nat'l does provide a reimbursement level to the local presidents to attend the meeting.

BTW FrgMstr I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods come Friday. I'm flying down to McKinney, TX to pick up my wife's new "toy". It's not a Viper but a fun little 6 series BMW convertible. (and don't even ask if that's being paid for out of our club slush fundJ) :rolleyes: We could only afford a 1:18 scale anyhow! LOL

Cheers,

Michael

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:brick:

What part of mine, and the other posts offering just that are you having trouble understanding...???
it's always been available. There aren't any pictures in the report so I guess he wasn't interested......:dunno:

"What do you have to hide?"..... Here we go.....EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT...:rolleyes:
This is the Viper Club. There isn't millions of dollars at stake here. Why would someone take a chance like that
over "children's money"....:lmao:

How's this,.......
I will personally hand deliver, if necessary, the accounting record for the Gateway Viper Club to Randy Dane explaining
in full detail any and all monetary transactions concerning his membership investment. I will do this without prejudice tothe fact that the info is, and always has been, readily available and presented to the club on several different occasions.

In addition, this info is also available for quicker delivery by handwritten letter, e-mail, rumor mill and/or carrier pigeon.
The choice is yours to decide which delivery method would be better to dramatize and blow out of proportion a simple
situation....

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to hide. The email of the club treasurer has been provided to the member. Our club primarily helps pay for local events, food at events, gifts for the members, and items for the club auction. I just bought some items for our club's annual holiday party this week that I think they all will enjoy and find useful. I like to plan ahead like that and keep my members happy in the process. The only thing our local club pays for me annually is the airport parking when I'm at our annual president's meeting. Most of it is covered by nat'l but the rest comes out of my own pocket, as the cost of airfare, hotel, and rental car far exceed the covered level of reimbursement. I am grateful that nat'l does provide a reimbursement level to the local presidents to attend the meeting.

BTW FrgMstr I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods come Friday. I'm flying down to McKinney, TX to pick up my wife's new "toy". It's not a Viper but a fun little 6 series BMW convertible. (and don't even ask if that's being paid for out of our club slush fundJ) :rolleyes: We could only afford a 1:18 scale anyhow! LOL

Cheers,

Michael

So you bought a new BMW with the clubs' money??????

I knew it......;)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points people.

Blade Runner. Take a look at your title &post as an outsider and understand what they are saying.

Think for example: you just got back from a business trip where you purchased alot of stuff on the companies tab.
Your boss could either ask you for "line item accountability for trip spending"
or he could simply ask: "Hey, could you leave those recipts on my desk when you get a chance?"

Also, he could ask you directly in person or email. Or he could wait untill your in a meeting with several others and call you out.

Think about what the wording could imply and how you would prefer to be asked. Then apply that to how you communicate with others
:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points people.

Blade Runner. Take a look at your title &post as an outsider and understand what they are saying.

Think for example: you just got back from a business trip where you purchased alot of stuff on the companies tab.
Your boss could either ask you for "line item accountability for trip spending"
or he could simply ask: "Hey, could you leave those recipts on my desk when you get a chance?"

Also, he could ask you directly in person or email. Or he could wait untill your in a meeting with several others and call you out.

Think about what the wording could imply and how you would prefer to be asked. Then apply that to how you communicate with others
:2tu:

It's that simple....:dunno:

OP
OP
B

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did get numbers for the 2011 club spending and receivables. The president of our club and the treasurer gave me the requested information quickly. Everything balanced with the numbers I was given. I didn’t believe any problems were present in the Gateway Club. My question was related to the *** post in the member only section.
I still feel that all Regional Clubs and the National Level need to be transparent in financial accounting. I’d like to see a proposal that all Regional clubs present a treasurers report at the end of the year.
I want to thank the Gateway Club officers for the quick response for my query.