Line lock on a ABS car

taillights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it can. you can probably get more information than I can type in a day from wherever you purchse your linelock. about the install. Do it right the first time. Good Luck

OP
OP
C

carl B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone help here please??

I have a B&M line lock but dont know where to run it?

Should it go in the line from the master cylinder to the ABS pump?

Or should I run two, one in each line from the pump to the callipers?

Any help please?

Thankyou

Carl

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would install the line lock between the Hydraulic Control Unit (ABS) and the calipers. Here's my reasoning. The HCU is what controls pressure to the calipers when wheel speeds are not equal within the accepted range. You don't want that devise to be affecting your line locking.

Yes, you might need 2 line locks if the HCU has two hydraulic lines out of it to the rear; one for each caliper.

Good luck, and don't forget the video of your first use. Just in case it qualifies for ******* 4... :D

Reaction score
From what I recall reading in the service manual, I would think it should be installed between the master cylinder and the ABS unit. The abs unit doesnt operate until speeds are 25 MPH and above, and has to have the brake switch active as an input signal to operate the abs unit. So that means it should not be trying to regulate anything as long as you dont have your foot on the brake pedal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave