Lizard Skin Ceramic insulation

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sending my side sills out to my buddy this Monday for a 2000 degree ceramic coating, then getting the side sills, front and rear fascias painted. I'll take some pictures and get a price from him.

If I remember my research right the lizard skin is only good to 500 degrees.

Regards,
Aaron

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sending my side sills out to my buddy this Monday for a 2000 degree ceramic coating, then getting the side sills, front and rear fascias painted. I'll take some pictures and get a price from him.

If I remember my research right the lizard skin is only good to 500 degrees.

Regards,
Aaron

AFL in NJ, please post how much the coating helps or not :eater:

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it's more of a sound insulator with high temp tolerance, rather than a high temp coating. I wonder how it compares to the other roll-on sound deadeners.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Eucharistos, rain foiled my entire Monday, so I didn't get the side sills un-installed and delivered to my buddy, next weekend for sure; I want this done too!

Regards,
Aaron

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks arron for the update, i'm going to vent mine soon, curious about anything else to cut the heat of even hiflows (can't go straight pipe as we have sniffer tests here)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you and I are on the same path here, my passenger side sill has a few places where the paint has bubbled off because of the heat, so my plan was to insulate the side sills and that might have worked if not for the adhesive backing smoking when my car gets up to temp.

Because of that I'm going the ceramic route and I'll test the sill temperature when hot and see what it tests at. Once I'm satisfied, I'll get the side sills, front and rear fascia's repainted and be ready for VOI 11.

I might still do headers and high flow cats later this fall or winter, but if I didn't solve the heat issue now it would have been wasted money to not engineer some cooling now.

Regards,
Aaron