Logging problems

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I get done logging, I hit STOP then an error message comes up and says "Run Time Error 76"...what is this? I press okay to the error and the whole VEC program shuts down!

Also I can't save my log settings...gets kind of annoying it shutting down with the error then all the settings I set up I have to do again and again.

Steve

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall this specific error but on my Vec3 if I shut off the engine before stopping the loggin all hell breaks loose on the laptop. The Vec software keeps opening up error dialogs until the memory is exhausted and the system crashes. Besides this on quirk it works fairly well. I'm running Windoxs XP.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm using XP, and I'm testing the VEC2 software out before I hit the road. The car is idleing the whole time, but logging the data then hitting stop...with the car still running.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some rambling that might help you.

Error 76 is is typically a 'path not found' kind of error which might occur if the VEC2 is trying to write to a non-existent folder or something.

You might check to see if there are any paths that are setup for the VEC2 which might be incorrect. If nothing else, make sure that the VEC2 application and the other files like the log file are all in the same directory so it has an easier way of finding them.

Since it crashes as soon as you tell it to stop logging, it sounds like you might have the autosave feature turned on. This works by automatically creating a time stamped file name and saving the file as soon as you hit the stop logging button. If you turn this feature off, it won't try to save it until you do an intentional save and that might allow you to get a better idea of what is going on or ensure that it is trying to save to a valid folder.

OP
OP

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ken

I updated the software to version 3.5.0 so there are two different VEC2 folders..that might be why