Look what I got for FREE!!

Reaction score
So, the weather looked great and after all the record rainfall we had I decided to take a ride in the Viper.
I removed the car cover, lifted the hood and this little creature was as shocked ;) as I was to glance at each other dead in the eyes. He didn't run, he just sat there and didn't know what to do! Really cute, but there was <wee and poo> everywhere, including snails broken and whole for food. Didn't smell very pleasant either :omg:

After hanging around for about 5 minutes he decided to relocate his crib :dog:

Last edited:

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh that *****! hope he didn't decide to chew on any wires when he was under there.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 years ago I had some sort of rodent do a number on a pickup wiring harness. To the tune of $900.

A week later the bugger came back and ate the fuel line. Truck was running rough as it was bleeding out fuel by the gallons. :omg:

If all you have is nesting and a mess to clean up count yourself lucky.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh that *****! hope he didn't decide to chew on any wires when he was under there.
Not sure if it works or not on Possum, but I get mice in my garage, I was told to put fabric softeners (the kind you put in the dryer) in the car and under the hood over the winter. I did not have any problems last winter......:eater:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry camfab, but i'm in the hate category

though i grew up with a family that would turn him into sausage in a ny minute, yum

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh no , what are you going to do with out your wing man. he was probably thrown out by his wife and need a place to stay , you got to give him credit on taste, nice pad like that he was sure to get some girls to come over .

ksipes1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That means only one thing: You just don't drive your cars often enough!

So, the weather looked great and after all the record rainfall we had I decided to take a ride in the Viper.
I removed the car cover, lifted the hood and this little creature was as shocked ;) as I was to glance at each other dead in the eyes. He didn't run, he just sat there and didn't know what to do! Really cute, but there was <wee and poo> everywhere, including snails broken and whole for food. Didn't smell very pleasant either :omg:

After hanging around for about 5 minutes he decided to relocate his crib :dog:

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am away from home 6+ months at a time. I learned a trick a while back to drop a few dryer fabric softener sheets inside my cars. Rodents sense of smell is high and the fabric sotener smell is too strong for them to handle for long periods so they stay away. I stuff a few in the trunk and inder the hood. Make sure not to place them on a hot engine, they softener will melt or leave reside. I also plug my exhaust pipes. I've heard of rodents crawling into mufflers and even as far as cylinders to make nests. If you're catless I suppose the cylinder threat is possble. Either way a plugged exhaust is not good.

Rkh3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way to prevent this, mice, rats, squirrels, cats, etc, is a tight garage with the doors closed when not in use. Been in pest control for 30 years, all the wives tales, dryer sheets, moth balls, etc, do not work, there just isn't enough of the odor to repell them, especially if it is outside.
Have my cars in a garage I had built about 10 years ago and keep traps around the interior perimeter just in case something sneaks in.

Oh, and forget about the "ultrasonic" devices, waste of money.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the dryer sheet tip.

Critters can cause a real mess. Did your hood pad get chewed up?

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to store my classic cars in a barn one winter and the mothballs worked for me. The mice like to get into the headliners and you end up replacing the and the visors. I like the dryer sheet idea. Doesn't smell as bad. Caught one in a live trap and took it to the Park about 5 miles away. The others seeme to skip out knowing one disappeared. We came home one night and one about that size was in our bedroom the top sill by the blinds. caught it in a bucket and let it go outside. Should of took it to the park. If it wouldn't have that rat tail I'd like them more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth