Looked at a Black '06 Coupe yesterday...

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a MONSOON here in Dallas and with the drain no test drives. :( Black on black 5,000mi, no stripes. Wanting $75,000 but think the car could be had for $70K or slightly under. Question is when are the '08's coming out, may wait for the price to drop some before picking up a coupe??

May need to hit up a Dallas area owner to take me for a spin, have yet to even ride in one.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remember, originally alot of buyers paid upwards of $90K for some of these cars. They are reluctant to start taking huge hits on them already, especially pristine low mile cars.
Seen a nice example go for $65K on ebay the other day, and many get re-listed, over and over. They are beginning to drop in price...but I wouldn't start completely low-balling just yet. :pile:
I was set on finding a nice GTS, but I also just love the newer coupe so I'm kinda waiting also, but may still go with the GTS though :rolaugh: ...Good luck on your search.

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to remember, originally alot of buyers paid upwards of $90K for some of these cars. They are reluctant to start taking huge hits on them already, especially pristine low mile cars.
Seen a nice example go for $65K on ebay the other day, and many get re-listed, over and over. They are beginning to drop in price...but I wouldn't start completely low-balling just yet. :pile:
I was set on finding a nice GTS, but I also just love the newer coupe so I'm kinda waiting also, but may still go with the GTS though :rolaugh: ...Good luck on your search.

LOVE the GTS, but can't fathom paying $60K for a 7yr old car with no warranty, lower HP, higher miles, and no ABS brakes. They have great lines no doubt.:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a MONSOON here in Dallas and with the drain no test drives. :( Black on black 5,000mi, no stripes. Wanting $75,000 but think the car could be had for $70K or slightly under. Question is when are the '08's coming out, may wait for the price to drop some before picking up a coupe??
May need to hit up a Dallas area owner to take me for a spin, have yet to even ride in one.

Heard about all your rain there, hope it eases up soon. Black on Black is GREAT...!!
I'd certainly bargain a bit more for the '06 Coupe, as the '08's are coming soon, end of summer anyway....seems you could get a new '06 for what you want to pay....haggle a bit, if they don't give, give them a few months if you can wait. We have the '05 Black SRT-10 Vert...love it....would've gotten a coupe tho if it were available at the time.
Good Luck....juli

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$75K quite high for a used car. Have to keep in mind new on MSO cars were going for around $70K or so when the last ones were being sold, excluding the VOI9 Cars. I would say that this car should be had in the mid to high $60s since it is a non-stripe coupe with the mileage that you state. I would say start at $65K and work from there. Anything higher than $70K is too high!

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased my 06 coupe (Blue/Silver) for a little over 70k in october of 2006.(in Dallas) It had 7 miles on the odometer. A black coupe with no stripes and 5k miles is $68k tops. He would be lucky to get more than $62k on trade in.

I would advise you to shop the net to find a new coupe still sitting at a dealership somewhere. They will be VERY MOTIVATED to move an 06 coupe or vert. Use ebaymotors for leads on the new cars. You will be suprised at how many coupes are still at dealers.

Good Luck!!!
:usa: :headbang: :usa:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$75K quite high for a used car. Have to keep in mind new on MSO cars were going for around $70K or so when the last ones were being sold, excluding the VOI9 Cars. I would say that this car should be had in the mid to high $60s since it is a non-stripe coupe with the mileage that you state. I would say start at $65K and work from there. Anything higher than $70K is too high!

Exactly right. I paid $66.5k for my slate/silver '06 coupe with 206 miles on it. There are good deals out there, you just need to do your research.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave