Looking for a few Yellow GTS's

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done some searching around and can't seem to find any little Matchbox size solid yellow GTS's. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what scale they call those little cars that are about 2.5 inches long.

Just wanted to have a few to carry around for little kids that admire my car.:drive:

Thanks!
Jim

viperguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1000.vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The above is the only yellow GTS that comes to mind in Matchbox size scale. Unfortunately since it was only issued in a 5-pack in 1999 it won't be the easiest to track down in quantity. Also, buying them 1 at a time + shipping, you can easily average $10-15 each which wouldn't be cost effective to use as handouts in my opinion.

If you're OK with a non-GTS, this yellow Matchbox GTS-R was recently available in stores and is just starting to be phased out with newer batches. You might have better luck looking at Dollar Generals or Family Dollars at this point as they usually run a few batches behind the bigger retailers like Wal-Mart and Target. The positives are you can find many, pay only $1 each, and if the black stripes bother you, they can be removed with non-acetone nail polish remover.

I know it's not what you wanted, but just something else to consider.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good info. I think I'll go the route 1000.vipers recommends. Eventhough they won't be identical, they will be much cheaper and kids would probably like them just the same.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try looking at diecastvipers.com. There are a couple of yellow GTS' but all of them I saw had stripes. Good luck!

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The above is the only yellow GTS that comes to mind in Matchbox size scale. Unfortunately since it was only issued in a 5-pack in 1999 it won't be the easiest to track down in quantity. Also, buying them 1 at a time + shipping, you can easily average $10-15 each which wouldn't be cost effective to use as handouts in my opinion.

If you're OK with a non-GTS, this yellow Matchbox GTS-R was recently available in stores and is just starting to be phased out with newer batches. You might have better luck looking at Dollar Generals or Family Dollars at this point as they usually run a few batches behind the bigger retailers like Wal-Mart and Target. The positives are you can find many, pay only $1 each, and if the black stripes bother you, they can be removed with non-acetone nail polish remover.

I know it's not what you wanted, but just something else to consider.

You must be registered for see images attach
As far as Walmart goes, if you find one in stock you want more of, have them use there handheld scanner and get a sku# for it and they should be able to order you as many of them as you want. Thats from my friend at corperate walmart.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My records show we have given away 5000+ mini Vipers to kids and customers the past 3 years. We had a solid-yellow ACR Pace car for 3 years at Portland, and a Yellow RT now.

From this experience I promise you : You care about the color of the model, the KIDS DONT !!!

The kids will LOVE the stripes, and remember you and your generous token for years....they wont care there are stripes. I have had kids come back years later, now with a drivers license, to remind me they "STILL HAVE THE LITTLE VIPER YOU GAVE ME"

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought about 90 matchbox Vipers earlier this year. I'll see how many are Yellow but I believe I gave most of the yellows away already. I gave one to a young kid yesterday at the gas station. He took a picture of my Viper as I was filling up and I went over and handed him a Red Rt/10 Matchbox Viper and he was thrilled. Kids don't care about the color...

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try looking at diecastvipers.com. There are a couple of yellow GTS' but all of them I saw had stripes. Good luck!

Thanks for the plug! ;)

Two other options. There are lots of solid yellow RT/10's out there, and I'm sure the kids won't remember if it is coupe or not after they leave (plus it looks closer than that GTS-R). Or get yourself a can of spray paint and make them yourself! :rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up the yellow gen III, GTS-R for my son....its really pretty cool and looks to be more accurate then the gen 1's.

Peter

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post a photoshoot of my custom Viper Race Yellow (#PYR) 1:43 GTS in a few, it's not for sale though :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456