looking for a Gen IV convertible boot.

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by MichaelJB, Mar 18, 2019.

1. MichaelJB

MichaelJB VCA Member - Great Lakes

Just purchased my first...2010 Roadster...no convertible boot with vehicle. Any leads/ recommendations on tracking one down? Looked around a bit and not successful. Tan color. Any recommendations? Thanks.

2. MichaelJB

Good news on my end..reached out and boot located by previous owner as was stored outside car and missed when shipped...factory provided car cover being sent along too! Pays to be persistant I guess

3. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

That's great! I didn't know they made a tan cover.

4. MichaelJB

Well...think so...Black/tan interior with tan top. Will send pic when it gets here tomorrow..but now wondering? Hmmm? A black cover? .

5. MoparMap

If you're talking about the leather-ish thing with the two plastic caps that cover the mechanism when the top is down I'm pretty sure they only had them in black, but I guess you never know. No reason you couldn't make it a different color if you wanted to.

6. MichaelJB

Yea..that’s what my research tells me too...but black works to! Glad it was located and being sent - get it today. Appreciate the responses!

7. Semperfi

Semperfi Enthusiast

Word of advise....When you put the boot on make sure it's tight across the front center otherwise wind can catch it. I have to watch mine at about 110. I'm going to have a hook sewn in but haven't done it yet.

MichaelJB likes this.
  8. MoparMap

I know what you mean. Mine's not terrible, though on the highway I can see a little lift. Not that the top doesn't do that on its own without the cover, but the cover is certainly more likely to come off than the top.

MichaelJB likes this.
  9. daytonaman

daytonaman Viper Owner

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new boot?

10. MoparMap

I'm not sure there are any new ones still out there, but you could try Don Scharf. They deal with Viper salvage and would probably have some pretty nice ones. I think they also got the old VPA stock, so there's a chance there could be a new one still in there somewhere.