looking for a pro detailer near the poconos

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a recommended detail shop. I always detail my own car with polishing and waxing by hand. But this time I really need something more. Since I've owned my car there has been bad acid rain baked on the hood, trunk and top of the fenders. Not a lot of people notice its there unless you look at it on the right angle and light. Most of all I know its there and it bugs me. Plus I sometimes get negative comments about it at shows. With that said can anyone recommend a trust worthy detail shop around the north east pa or jersey area. There are shops around the area but I'd prefer to go to a shop other viper owners have taken there cars to. I would also prefer a shop that has experience getting rid of acid rain and really make my paint look new again. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. :dunno:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Synergy, who is a member on here from that area? If not, maybe he knows someone.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman I looked up synergy but their location is in NY. Not sure what part of NY but I was hoping for a little closer.

Plum bloomingdale is a hour and a half away from me. still quite a distance but i would consider it.

Viper067 I'm going to PM paviper now and see where he took his.

Thanks guys keep the ideas coming.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman I looked up synergy but their location is in NY. Not sure what part of NY but I was hoping for a little closer.

Plum bloomingdale is a hour and a half away from me. still quite a distance but i would consider it.

Viper067 I'm going to PM paviper now and see where he took his.

Thanks guys keep the ideas coming.

I don't know anyone but Synergy in that neck of the states. I thought he was closer but 3 hours ain't bad if he'll come to you.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM Sent, depending on how far you are from 81, probably about 2 to 2.5 hours from you

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another option for you might be to take it to the Thompson Detailing Day ..... I believe this is on May 12th. Keep an eye on the boards here, but they will show you there how you can do it all. And if you really don't want to do it, they have some local detailers in attendance if I recall.

Total worst case scenario would be to just have a party on your car one weekend and let us amateur enthusiast detailers have at it

Victor

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a recommended detail shop. I always detail my own car with polishing and waxing by hand. But this time I really need something more. Since I've owned my car there has been bad acid rain baked on the hood, trunk and top of the fenders. Not a lot of people notice its there unless you look at it on the right angle and light. Most of all I know its there and it bugs me. Plus I sometimes get negative comments about it at shows. With that said can anyone recommend a trust worthy detail shop around the north east pa or jersey area. There are shops around the area but I'd prefer to go to a shop other viper owners have taken there cars to. I would also prefer a shop that has experience getting rid of acid rain and really make my paint look new again. I hope you guys can point me in the right direction. :dunno:
Where in the Poconos do you live?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another option for you might be to take it to the Thompson Detailing Day ..... I believe this is on May 12th. Keep an eye on the boards here, but they will show you there how you can do it all. And if you really don't want to do it, they have some local detailers in attendance if I recall.

Total worst case scenario would be to just have a party on your car one weekend and let us amateur enthusiast detailers have at it

Victor

You are correct, May 12th is the detail day at Thompson's....they can show you how to take care of it yourself, and even if you buy the stuff to do it there, it will still probably be cheaper than most high end shops!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A drive for you, but Nick Oakes Detailing here in West Chester is the place to go - several of my friends with F cars take their cars there. His shop is immacualate, and staff first class.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Victor

I planned on going to the thompson detailing day until my fiance reminded me she graduates from grad school that day. Bummer.
A party on the car might have to be the plan. haha

http://www.superpages.com/bp/Bloomingdale-NJ/Auto-Makeover-L2325879969.htm

ask for john and tell him phil with the silver GTS sent you.

Thanks plum I'll give them a call tomorrow to get a price.

Where in the Poconos do you live?

Effort. Right off rt 715

A drive for you, but Nick Oakes Detailing here in West Chester is the place to go - several of my friends with F cars take their cars there. His shop is immacualate, and staff first class.
Thanks google puts it a 2 hours away. So far the bloomingdale place that plum recommended is the closest.

Its probably smart if i ask you guy hows much cost is involved just to get the acid rain off even if i had to finish the call myself. I have $150 and I'm mainly concerned about the acid rain on the tops of the fenders, hood, and trunk. The rest of the car is pretty clean. A buddy of mine in the club recommend true-2-form near me. I'm going to call them tomorrow as well. Lastly I'm hoping to have my car cleaned by the 28th of this mounth for the cool cars for cats and canines show in hershey. Are any off you attending?

Thanks to all for the help

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nick (Synergy) does first class work. Not familiar with the other suggestions, but I've seen Carmen's and Scott's cars and they've always looked real good.

The clinic starts at 2 and will probably end around 6-7.

I work a lot with Justin from Swan Creek Auto in Lambertville and he has the cleanest shop I've ever seen. Once again, a couple hour drive. One thing to remember is you will be prone to a ton of bugs if you're driving 2+ hrs. I wouldn't pay a lot of money to have my car detailed, then drive it knowing it's going to get trashed. Kinda like taking your car to the car wash on a rainy day.

Maintenance is key so keep up on proper washing techniques and start immediately to prevent damage. Some starter videos to get you going:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Detailing_Video_Vol_7_Chapter_06_Car_Washing.aspx

http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-Detailing_Video_Vol_7_Chapter_09_Drying_Your_Car_Metro_Blaster_Sidekick.aspx

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your PM's are full, clear out some messages so it will accept more PM's.

I think I am about 1 or 1/2 hours from the Poconos. Try wiping the spots with a microfiber and some white vinegar after you wash it. If it is deposits the vinegar should remove the deposits. What type of camera do you have? If it is a descent P&S with a zoom try to put something on your paint like your lens cap or a finger and then zoom in on that and try to focus on the object not the paint. This should give you the proper focus and allow you to photograph the water spots properly. The issue with taking pics of paint is it is shiny and the camera does not know what to focus on. When you take a pic of your finger it gives it an object to focus on and the paint should be in the proper focus to see the condition of the paint. A zoom helps too. If you get any descent ones let me know. If you want to meet up one day let me knowI can probably meet you on the Blue Route someplace or even better if you wanted to visit our local Cars and Coffee one Saturday morning it would give you a fun destination so the trip is not just for the paint inspection. The C&C is a few blocks from Rt1 and Rt 202 in West Chester. Do a map quest and see how far that is from you. I am 5 mins from there.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your PM's are full, clear out some messages so it will accept more PM's.

I think I am about 1 or 1/2 hours from the Poconos. Try wiping the spots with a microfiber and some white vinegar after you wash it. If it is deposits the vinegar should remove the deposits. What type of camera do you have? If it is a descent P&S with a zoom try to put something on your paint like your lens cap or a finger and then zoom in on that and try to focus on the object not the paint. This should give you the proper focus and allow you to photograph the water spots properly. The issue with taking pics of paint is it is shiny and the camera does not know what to focus on. When you take a pic of your finger it gives it an object to focus on and the paint should be in the proper focus to see the condition of the paint. A zoom helps too. If you get any descent ones let me know. If you want to meet up one day let me knowI can probably meet you on the Blue Route someplace or even better if you wanted to visit our local Cars and Coffee one Saturday morning it would give you a fun destination so the trip is not just for the paint inspection. The C&C is a few blocks from Rt1 and Rt 202 in West Chester. Do a map quest and see how far that is from you. I am 5 mins from there.

Ok I'll try to clean it with vinegar and I will let you know how it goes. I read your pm too and the clay bar didnt bring up the acid rain but it did make the finish smoother. I'll try to take better pics with the camera. And I'd be willing to drive out one morning for c&c or just to your house one night. Whichever is easier for you.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incase you didn't find an option that was closer, feel free to give us a call to set something up. We can work something out to make it over to you ASAP to fit both of our schedules. If not, I might know somebody in your area that will be able to help you out. Let me see if I can track the number down. Sorry for responding so late!

Thanks for the good word fellas! :2tu::headbang:
Facebook.com/SynergyDetailing

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Synergy thanks for the response.

Just to give everyone an update on my paint status. I'm realizing that I might need to save more money to get the paint fixed correctly. I tried vinegar with no luck. Since the show in hershey is this saturday I clay barred the car today and then polished the car by hand with a cleaner polish. Tomorrow I am going to wax the car by hand. After the clay bar and polish the car feels like glass and very soft to the touch. But unfortunately the acid rain is still visible. At least the surface will be clean and smooth for the show saturday. If anyone here is also attending the show feel free to look at my car to understand why I'm so frustrated. Thanks for the help guys.

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm taking mine to a place in Scranton next week. Was recommended my a friend of my wife. They get there Benz and Vette done there. I will let you know how it comes out.
Mark

DentTechPDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Shawn, and I'm the General Manager of Dent Tech Paintless Dent Repair & Luxury Auto Spa; the Lehigh Valley's premier PDR and Detailing company since 2005. The reason for my letter is because my company has been involved with several car clubs in the area (Lehigh Valley and DelVal Miata Clubs) and we would love to have the same opportunity with a local Viper Club

What we do is come in whenever you have an Annual Meeting or a "Detailing Day" (or any event where a lot of your members come to meet), and we will fix door-dings and dents for your members. We love cars and we love meeting new "car people" who are passionate about cars, too.

Please visit our website to see more about us, including our references page where you can see all of the dealerships that we service. You will also be able to see a few examples of our Detailing Services. Our facebook page stays pretty current with pictures of work we have done. facebook.com/denttechpdr. Our website is w:usa:ww.denttechpdr.com or 610-966-9190.

We hope to hear from your club soon! Thanks for you time.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My name is Shawn, and I'm the General Manager of Dent Tech Paintless Dent Repair & Luxury Auto Spa; the Lehigh Valley's premier PDR and Detailing company since 2005. The reason for my letter is because my company has been involved with several car clubs in the area (Lehigh Valley and DelVal Miata Clubs) and we would love to have the same opportunity with a local Viper Club

What we do is come in whenever you have an Annual Meeting or a "Detailing Day" (or any event where a lot of your members come to meet), and we will fix door-dings and dents for your members. We love cars and we love meeting new "car people" who are passionate about cars, too.

Please visit our website to see more about us, including our references page where you can see all of the dealerships that we service. You will also be able to see a few examples of our Detailing Services. Our facebook page stays pretty current with pictures of work we have done. facebook.com/denttechpdr. Our website is w:usa:ww.denttechpdr.com or 610-966-9190.

We hope to hear from your club soon! Thanks for you time.

I have soooo many door dings.... :dance:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth