looking for minature gas motors

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for some help in finding a miniature gas motor. I read where a company/person built small gas motors with blowers (V-8) etc. The motor is less than 25% of a real gas motor and runs. They are about 12" long and hand build. They run and come set on a stand.
Has anyone seen this type of motor and or where to find/look for them?
Thanks for any direction to look for one.
Rohn

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake bitten
you read me like a clock but not this time, no small motors but other turbine's in miniature might be the move.

Craig
Thank you, I figured that a member would have the map.
Rohn

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
I spoke to the folks at Conley about three months ago regarding their mini V-10. They had a fire some time ago at the foundry which destroyed all of the molds for their Viper engine. They will not be making these anymore. There is one motor that survived and I think he said he would take around $40,000.00 for it. They sold for around $10,000.00 before the fire. I'd love to have it but that's too rich for my blood.
Doc

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. I just got off the phone and a kit (V-8) cost just under 5K. The stand, the blower and motor ready to run would be close to 8K. To bad about the Viper motor it would be a great center pc. in the Viper toy room.
I think that I will go ahead and order the V-8 w/ blower kit when I can contact the foundry tomorrow.

Rohn

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about buying a real Viper motor off of a wrecked Viper, clean the engine up and get it ready for use. Store it as a centerpiece in your house or coffee table and you got a freaking functional engine as well for 6K instead of a model. That would be a better idea I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper