Lost my Kitty Cats this weekend *Pics*

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was time..the cats needed to find a new home:D Why...Probably because I just get bored if im not working on my car! Here are a few pics. Got an appointment this friday at the dyno to tune it up. The car sounds a little louder but not much. Im not sure what everyones fuss is about no cats?
Its not any louder at idle:lmao: BUT around 5k rpm... Ohh baby all my kids came running to the garage wondering if the house was going to come down! Now thats what I'm talking about!!:2tu: Looking forward to the Dyno and see what she puts down now!

Lou Balanger made me some pipes to connect my headers to the corsa. I previously had Lou make them for me with a single cat ran those for a while and now just pipe. The old cat had what looks like two screens or more in them.

Cat Off
You must be registered for see images attach

Old Cat and the scratches the Kitty gave me as I scruffed it:2tu:

One Screen on this side of the Old Cat

Screen on other side

New Pipe

LOOK no GO SLOW SCREENS:lmao:

Ready to install

All back and ready to be tack welded in place

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like a nice mod. Are you going to put it on another set up on the Dyno, or just checking what the gain is. In short, does the car need adjustment after taking away the cats?

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect it to be a little leaner in the upper RPM range? I might be wrong but since I would rather not find out the hard way at the track I better adjust the tune if its needed. There is a shop about 15minutes away I tune it at with the Vec3. Will let you know if anything needed changing. Hope it puts down a few more ponies but well see.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon that is not fair, I am jealous!

I can't wait to hear how your Viper sounds next week at Mid Ohio oh my gosh.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon that is not fair, I am jealous!

I can't wait to hear how your Viper sounds next week at Mid Ohio oh my gosh.

I took her out last night for a spin and to get some gas. It actually has a better tone now at idle after it heats up! Very deep rumble. When I get on it though....WOW :2tu:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a sound clip. I am in the process of doing something very similar and would love to hear what it sounds like.

8mywal8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took her out last night for a spin and to get some gas. It actually has a better tone now at idle after it heats up! Very deep rumble. When I get on it though....WOW :2tu:

How loud is it driving normal?

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How loud is it driving normal?

We need to hear it!! ;)

We need a sound clip. I am in the process of doing something very similar and would love to hear what it sounds like.

Ok Ok Ok!:lmao:

I will take my HD Camera to the Dyno tomorrow and record it for all to hear. I will warn you though recordings are never the same as in real person.

Personal opinion:
It is a little louder but not at idle. After 3k it is what I call louder but not obnoxious at all and near 4500-5000 its very loud. Please realize the cats I took off were not OEM. Those above are the Balanger cats and turn out he made for me to attach the headers to the corsa. If you are going from the 4 OEM (yes 4) to no cats it will be louder! Again what I was realy impressed with was how deep a tone it got at idle after warm? So tomorrow I will see if she puts any more power down?

I like my car loud.... It helps to warn those on the track to move over as I approach:lmao:

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday I went to the Dyno and tuned the car up. With no Cats it put down about another 12hp and I actually gained torq 9ftlb! I have video and will post it soon I hope. Overall the car was a little rich way up top and we corrected that. The car sounds so so AWESOME!!!

Heading up to Mid-Ohio this weekend to say hello to some Porsche's on the track!:firedev:

Not Shabby for all bolt ons!
RWHP 492
RWTQ 516

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I have to hear it in person! I'll be down to Mid-Ohio on Saturday afternoon after the Cleveland cars 'n coffee. See you then.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET!! Almost have the whole gang back:D! Leslie isn't going to know what to do seeing more than just her Viper at the track two times in a row!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the sound clip????????????? :lmao:LOL.. I really want to hear what it sounds like. I just took the cats off my 05 and installed the mufflers off an 09. At idle and low rpms Im not sure I like it. Its louder but too tractor like. Might just have to get used it it. Others that have heard it liked it and thought it sounded better but Im not sure yet. Ive never been a fan of the sound of side pipe exhausts on Vipers so maybe its just me. Once I get on the gas it sounds a lot better and its fairly loud. Im still running stock headers.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the sound clip????????????? :lmao:LOL.. I really want to hear what it sounds like. I just took the cats off my 05 and installed the mufflers off an 09. At idle and low rpms Im not sure I like it. Its louder but too tractor like. Might just have to get used it it. Others that have heard it liked it and thought it sounded better but Im not sure yet. Ive never been a fan of the sound of side pipe exhausts on Vipers so maybe its just me. Once I get on the gas it sounds a lot better and its fairly loud. Im still running stock headers.

I will work on it tomorrow. I have the corsa 2.5" exhasut on mine. After it warms up its just great! I was realy worried it would be way too loud but coming from high flow cats there wasnt much change until it gets up over 4Krpm

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Shandon, maybe I can video tape you on one of the straights..? hahaaa

problem is when I am following you we can't hear your car over mine...but then again, maybe we CAN now huh?

Allen, will be kewl to have you hang out with us, we need MORE VIPERS oh geez, Shandon is right, we need to take these porsches DOWN!!!!

The 4 of us did a great job last month, I had several instructors come up to me and compliment us on how smooth and safe we drove, AND that we were FAST.

The Chief instructor said they were all prepared for a John Deere move by one of us and it never happened hahaa!

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Shandon, maybe I can video tape you on one of the straights..? hahaaa

problem is when I am following you we can't hear your car over mine...but then again, maybe we CAN now huh?

Allen, will be kewl to have you hang out with us, we need MORE VIPERS oh geez, Shandon is right, we need to take these porsches DOWN!!!!

The 4 of us did a great job last month, I had several instructors come up to me and compliment us on how smooth and safe we drove, AND that we were FAST.

The Chief instructor said they were all prepared for a John Deere move by one of us and it never happened hahaa!

Man do Viper Drivers get a bad rap or what:D?

The first words out of my instructors mouth were telling me the last two Viper Drivers he was with wrecked:mad:. If true I wouldn't get in the passanger seat either:lmao:He was a great instructor though so I know it wasn't his fault. Remind me to tell you what he compared the steering wheel too as good advice on handling:D:D:D:D. I am sure I will never forget it!

A "John Deere move"!! Hahahah that made me laugh and im still laughing! I truly enjoyed the porche club group. So glad we all got to run that weekend together it was so much fun! So much so we get to do it again this weekend!

It will be great to see Allen come down! I will have my laptop and can get him some video too since I havn't mailed him a flash drive yet with it.:2tu:

Yea im not sure what will be heard on the camera now with the cats gone :D Leslie your car sounds awesome!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wellll, let's still do a video of you FLASHING by me on the sidelines ok?

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutly!! We will use up that memory card this weekend thats for sure!! Lots of Video and Photo's and sound clips. Just adds to the overall fun! :bigok:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth