Louthan Cylinder Heads

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
713-290-1103 is the only guy to call.....GREG GOOD

leave a message if there's no answer, he will call back. he gave me a great deal and the service was excellent

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got their website in my favorites... What's he claim..280cfm?

-------------------------------
For sale:
Chrome ACR wheels
New SVS short shifter

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of sending my Venom 550 cylinder heads to check flow. Who should I send them to?

In addition, if the heads can be ported more to increase flow, what would a rough cost estimate be to rework the heads?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg Good is a killer head porter. He did my Stock casting heads and will do my Striker heads when I'm ready.

He knows his stuff and is a major asset to the viper community.

And you'll never meet a nicer guy.

JD

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Greg Good heads flow 317 CFM, Greg good is the original viper head porter, my car before I frankensteined it with spercharging etc. did 614 at the rear wheels with Greg Good heads, Mopar ECU, a comp cam from TNT and T&D rockers.

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand Greg Good is THE MAN when it comes to Viper porting...but for christ sakes he asked about LOUTHIAN's porting work* Allow some other people out there to eat too! :smirk:

...anyone else with Louthian Heads care to chime in and share their results?? :)

Reaction score
I understand Greg Good is THE MAN when it comes to Viper porting...but for christ sakes he asked about LOUTHIAN's porting work* Allow some other people out there to eat too! :smirk:

...anyone else with Louthian Heads care to chime in and share their results?? :)

I'm sorry, but I have a ravenous appetite! :rolaugh:

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Rob, sorry the thread got hijacked.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suggested in previous posts that I was thinking of installing a different cam and new VEC 3 unit to tweak horsepower. I never even thought about the cylinder heads. :dunno:

But then I received an excellent suggestion from DrumrBoy about making power. :idea: :D DrumrBoy mentioned that the biggest contributing factor to make power is making sure that the heads move large volumes of air. He suggested that I have the Hennessey heads checked for flow. This absolutely makes sense since I already have the intake and exhaust removed. :2tu:

I spoke to Greg Good on Friday about my cylinder heads. Greg is an awesome guy to speak with!! And his work is highly regarded by VCA members. So, I got out my wrenches and ripped the heads off. They will be shipped to him this week. :headbang:

Stay tuned for the flow numbers. :eater:

Below are pics of the Hennessey heads with T&D roller rockers.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim - I've done it a few times, so less than 3 hrs for me on a stock car. closer to 2 hrs on a ROE car. This includes time to remove the hood, drain the fluids (coolant AND oil), and get everything off.

it is really quite easy and straight forward. Remove intake air stuff. remove intake bolts. remove header bolts and headers. remove heads. on the driver's side, remove PS bracket (3 whole bolts!).

easy as pie!

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave