Lowered the Viper

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is really hot--do you have to worry about any camber issues with that drop?-are you scraping on speed bumps?

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no camber issues, it aligned just fine.

I haven't rubbed anywhere yet, even goes up and down my driveway just fine and it is pretty steep, just have to go at an angle. The diffuser does scrape a little bit on the driveway but other then that, nothing.

:D

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the springs are 0.6" front 1" rear, and the caps are another 0.75". I didn't measure to check if it was more than advertised :D

thanks!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiago, your viper looks real nice lowered! Your avitar shows a track scene. If you track it that low keep an eye on the rear inner fenders. At that low a height the tires will hit on medium bumps at high speeds. If they tear apart at the top, then there is a screw head that will start to dig into the tire. Mike

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is one serious drop. Looks great! I am looking to do the same in the near future but think I will save up and go for the kw coilovers incase I decide to take it to the track from time to time. I learned on my 911 turbo's when I did h&r springs on one and billstein pss10 coilovers on the other I got a .5" lower drop on the springs but a much better handling car on the coilovers. It was the difference of $400/springs vs. $2,400/coilovers but the labor/allignment cost was the same and in my case the corner balance for coilovers added another $200. No doubt your car has a pretty mean stance. Enjoy!

Tom

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the exact same car as you and that really makes me think about lowering. It looks awesome! I feel like the Viper rides a little taller than I like. But I love not scraping all over the damn place.

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tiago, your viper looks real nice lowered! Your avitar shows a track scene. If you track it that low keep an eye on the rear inner fenders. At that low a height the tires will hit on medium bumps at high speeds. If they tear apart at the top, then there is a screw head that will start to dig into the tire. Mike
I have tracked it and I plan to again, but I am no track rat, thanks for the heads up, I'll watch it closely :D

Damn Tiago, that is lower than I remember. Looks bad a**
thanks, couldn't have done it without your help :D

Looks sweet man did you do them yourself if so how hard was install?

F8L helped me install it at his bad ass shop :D but it wasn't that difficult, deffinately have to have the right tools, mainly a press to compress the coil over and remove/reinstall the springs.

Tiago, the car looks really nice! You definitely need some aftermarket wheels to really set the car off!

Thats next on the list, just need to make up my mind on what I want, need something different than everyone else has lol:D

thanks!

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your still missing the lug nuts! If you need some I found my old ones. Let me know

ahahah, it has lugs on it, they just don't match the others so it looks like there are not on there. If you have some that match I'll pick them up from you next time I see you :D

PS did you go to the cars and coffee today? weather was awesome, lots of people were there!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No didn't go, just finished putting on my new exhaust.

I am headed out to go drive it and see how it responds, thought about going but had too much to do and the roads on the north side were too wet. Rained at 7:30

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks great! How does it ride now? I had eibachs installed on a 98 Mustang GT about 8 years ago and remember liking the look but the ride rattled you quite a bit when you hit a bump. If you are enduring a rougher ride, get rid of the runflats (if you haven't already) and that should at least bring it close to the feel of the original ride.

I just lowered my car with the KW's and put on Nitto Invos at the same time and the car doesn't feel like it's riding on bricks like it did from the factory. Also, it completely eliminated wheel hop which I had a major issue with.

I bet you love the way your car looks from head on now...absolutely sick!!! That's now become one of my favorite views since lowering. Get aftermarket rims and you will fall in love all over again.

Take care...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62