M1 5w-40 Turbo Diesel oil

Steve737

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm thinking about changing my oil to M1 5w-40 Turbo Diesel oil. I have a NA 2001 ACR and live in south Texas. What do you guys think? I have heard from a few people lately that the new M1 is not as good as the old stuff. Thanks Steve

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me save you a little time...

From an email Tom sent...

(from me) Is Mobil Delvac 15 W40 a good oil for a Viper that is street driven with a few spirited drives now and then (with 30K miles)?

Sure is! That's what I use: whatever major brand 15W40 diesel oil is on sale at Walmart - Mobil, Shell, Chevron...

Good choice.

-Tom

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
rotella is awesome!!thats what i use in my viper 15/40 and in my new dodge diesel as well buy it by the bucket!!! 66$ a bucket here in canada 20L pail!

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been using Mobil's Delvac 1 5W-40 since I met Tom many years ago. Some including Tom use dino diesel oil rather than the synthetic diesel and I trust completely that the dino is sufficient, but I sleep better using the synthetic version, which is what Delvac is. Probably the same as the Mobil 1 5W-40 Turbo Diesel mentioned above. My UOA's (used oil analysis) have been excellent under Delvac use although to be honest they were quite good with 10w-30 Mobil 1 too.