Major transformation to my 98' GTS snake...

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the car about 2-3 weeks ago. So far, I have been really happy with it. HID's have been installed and now I want to drive with the headlights on all the time... :D

One thing I noticed though was the ridiculous weight of the stock chrome wheels. While they look amazing on the car, I definitely wanted to try something different with a MUCH lighter wheel.

So I purchased a set of used CCW's from a fellow Viper owner out of Texas (thanks TexasPettey). Wheels arrived on Wednesday before I headed to the track...perfect timing!

You must be registered for see images

Wheels needed to be refinished due to wear and tear so I high heat temp painted them (this is my 27th set of wheels I have done this on)...

The edge/strip/lip was applied today after they were thoroughly dry...

I wish it would stop freakin' raining so that I can slap them on and take them out for a spin...

I know a lot of you guys are not big fans of black wheels - but I have always liked it and have done to just about every single car I have owned for the last 10 years...

:drive:

Last edited:

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of black wheels, but I think it looks amazing with the red trim for a red car. Can't wait to see them mounted.

~craig

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the black wheels. I'll take black or polished aluminum over chrome wheels anyday.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels look great! Have you ever run the Kumho's before? They stick like glue, I love them.

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

*** success at removing the damn amber piece on the tailights though (I used see through vinyl adhesive...) - I need to figure out how to get one of the bolts that holds the damn front corner amber lenses in place - those things are driving me ballistic...***

Ok...so hopefully some of the gap will come down after I drive the car - I wish I could drop it but the car already sits very low as it is...I don't want to endanger the chin...but the gap looks pretty big right now...

:drive:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice. How did you prep the chrome for paint? Did you have to blast it off first?

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how to tell you this, but.....

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!! Nice job man.

Thanks! I need to take some new pics...after the car settled down from lifting it to remove and re-install the wheels, it looks TONS better...it dropped about an inch! :omg:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tailwag,

The wheels look sweet black!! Agreed it would look killer dropped an inch. I waited 8 years before lowering my 95 and it is the best cosmetic mod I did (hands down).

Been trying to convince the wife to lower the GTS, but she is not having it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets