Matte wheels and chrome badges? I think not!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After washing, claying, and sealing the paint I decided to mess around with the badges on the side of the car.

The only chrome on the cars are the badges on the front fenders. I will probably end up removing them, but wanted to see what they look liked in a black finish.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks so much better (hint hint SRT, factory option!). They will probably be gone in a month though ;)

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the black. Do you have any other chrome on the car or wheels?

The front Stryker badge has a bit in it. If someone figures out how to blacken that out ill do it as well!

The SRT/GTS badges on the side are the only chrome on the car, which is nice.

I don't mind the aluminum gas cap at all.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White on white is a nice solution if you are going to remove them anyway. Same look of overall white, but a nice touch when someone walks up close and sees there is a badge there. Might try that first before yanking them off.

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White on white is a nice solution if you are going to remove them anyway. Same look of overall white, but a nice touch when someone walks up close and sees there is a badge there. Might try that first before yanking them off.
Possibly. I did it with plastidip to see how it looks. They make a white, I may try that as well.

All else fails, they are coming off!

As much as I dislike plastidip - it is easy to experiment with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper