McGuire AFB - Mid May

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per the post in the introductory thread, I was wondering how many people would be interested in going to the McGuire AFB show in Mid May (May 12, 13). I propose that if we go, it should be on May 12.

Here is the deal, if I get 5 responses, it is going to be a no-go because the base commander is not going to make special arrangements for 5 cars. I figure I need about 20 cars so that I can approach them to try to get preferred parking, with cones as a "static" display of sorts for them. In my opinion, however, we should be able to get WAY over 20 cars.

About the event - Opening time 9:00am

www.305services.com/main/airshow07

If you have not been to the McGuire event, it is one of the prime events in the Air Force calendar when scheduled during that year (once every 2 or 3 years). The event is held free of charge. Lots of ground displays of aircraft and tanks from local Fort Dix. Great fun for younger people.

Note - According to the weather, the flight line can be HOT. I MEAN REALLY HOT. NO SHADE. 110 TO 115 DEGREE HOT. If you dont like heat, dont come. Be forewarned.

If we go, we should go EARLY in the morning. Sometimes over 100,000 people show up and the traffic gets really bad. The earlier that you go, the less traffic the less problems.

Another reason for going early is that generally the 2nd or 3rd event that they have is an F15 Eagle demonstration. It sort of gets the crowd going. You cannot miss that. To the best of my knowledge, none of the exact times have been worked out for flights.

This year, however, the THUNDERBIRDS will be performing. In the last few years the BLUE ANGELS performed but this year they are going full Air Force. Should be a good show.

So, we need people....how many are in? And if you say that you are in, DON'T CANCEL......We are dealing with with Military people who have alot to do for this. We should not bother them if it is not going to be serious....

How many takers?

Note: This is a Central Jersey event, that is easily attended by people from Northern and Southern NJ. It is not difficult to drive there......very easy in fact.....(45 minute drive for even you upper NJ guys) And you NY guys.....how about some coming down south for once?

Lots of people on this website post from accessible areas.....maybe we can make this a winner of an event.......We have all seen the pictures from the mid-West of cars on the flight line, etc. We probably have more Vipers per square mile than anyplace on the face of the earth. We should at least be able to do 100 cars if we put our mind and spirit into it. Also, the more people we get, the more leverage we can get with the base.

So how many takers? Dont be bashful. Post it here for everyone to see, dont send it in a PM.

:usa:

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, doing well so far!

PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride

what about all the GTS and RT10 people? Come on......

The very local people should be responding immediately.....! Has not been a really big gathering in Central NJ for quite a while.

How about you Delaware people? Philadelphia, it is only about 30 minutes away!

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, now we are talking......

PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride
*** Blk + 1

Hey! If he can make it from NY, YOU CAN TOO! Come on Keith....where are you and the rest of the NY guys. Saturday! No classes!

Tell you what I will do, I will try to throw in a little bit of an "extra".

The meeting place can be at the World Famous
Mastoris Diner, located about TEN (10) miles from McGuire.

For those of you who do not know, Mastoris is one of the premier dinners in NJ (the land of Diners).

It is located near the following Major roads, NJ Turnpike, Interstate 295, Interstate 195, NJ Route 130. This is sooooo centrally located, it is OBSCENE!! SUPER EASY TO GET TO....YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET LOST.

HUGE PARKING LOT!!

Yes, I will buy a pair of Bamboo Wind chimes to the person who gets there from the furtherest location!

Come on, most likely over 100,000 people drooling over your cars......think of it! Two years ago they had, get this

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE who attended.

Who is next? HOW ABOUT YOU JERSEY SHORE GUYS? Quick trip over on 195!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite but unfortunately at this time I can not make it as that is Finals week (May 7th - 14th). I will be sure to let you know if things change.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would definetely love to make it but Sat. might be a problem with work. Sunday wouldn't so I will have to see how it plays out.
Gary

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated List as of Monday April 16, 2007
PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride
*** Blk + 1
Redliner

Who is next? We need more people!

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride
*** Blk + 1
Redliner
Valentine Viper +2 Cars

More Cars? Get the word out! Should be fun.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Should this be posted in the General Events and Gatherings as well. I think it will get more looks.
I like the whole regional idea but perhaps it is limiting (esp in the beginning). I personally like seeing all the events in one place because in our area we could be involved from New England to Delaware without much trouble.
Dave

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got another taker, friend of mine w/ a new vert 'stang. (I'm working on getting him into Viper Kingdom!)

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PatentLaw
PatentLaw (additional car)
Dave Moore
Sleekride +1
(Sleekride additional car)
*** Blk + 1
Redliner
Valentine Viper
(Valentine Viper Additional Car 1)
(Valentine Viper Additional Car 2)
AviP +1

Lets be Patriotic here. We are at wartime....Support our troops!

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much time left to sign up. Diner would like a headcount. No other cruises are happening this day in either Eastern PA, NJ or NY. Great opportunity.

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride +1
*** Blk + 1
Redliner
Valentine Viper
AviP +1
Brian M.

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the new videos posted on the gatherings site for the Support Our Troops run.

WEATHER LOOKS GREAT FOR SATURDAY. 78F as the high 53F for the low. Almost zero percent chance of rain. PM me if you will go. Don't miss out.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLaw,

I got another one to go with us. We'll see u guys at the meet location.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite but unfortunately at this time I can not make it as that is Finals week (May 7th - 14th). I will be sure to let you know if things change.

Patent:

They changed my finals schedule so that my last one was today but I will be leaving for Florida on Friday so I will be unable to attend. I told you I would keep you in the loop and I really appreciated the invite, so I feel it is only right to let you know. Thanks again for the invite and good luck with the event. It sure looks like it is going to be a blast.

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, I won't bust on you like Tony does. Hope you meet some Ferrari guys in South Beach. :) Just kidding.

Updated list
PatentLaw
Dave Moore
Sleekride +1
(Sleekride additional car 2)
*** Blk + 1
Res Ipsa
Valentine Viper
AviP +1
Brian M.
JPM + sidekick

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you saw the news, the Fort Dix Army Base was targeted for attack by terrorists. As you may know, Fort Dix is right next to McGuire AFB, the gathering for this Saturday. Show your pride in our country, don't be scared by the terrorists and support our troops.

Available Vipers should gather for the Support Our Troops run to show support for the armed service personnel. Saturday is your chance to show your true colors!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235