Membership Question

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I've been on the site for a while and own a couple Vipers, I finally got around to signing up for a real membership. I paid through PP so I could do an instant payment (rather than sending in the form), but I currently see my membership status here is still shown as "owner". What do I have to do to get this upgraded/updated so I have access to everything today?

TIA! :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you received your welcome email yet? We just need your VCA Member Number (it's in the email) to upgrade your website account (which is a manual process not tied to your actual club registration).

When you get it, there are instructions in it on what to do!

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you received your welcome email yet? We just need your VCA Member Number (it's in the email) to upgrade your website account (which is a manual process not tied to your actual club registration).

When you get it, there are instructions in it on what to do!

No email, but I see the PP payment went through. I would have thought this would be an instant thing, no?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No email, but I see the PP payment went through. I would have thought this would be an instant thing, no?

Fortunately no. There is more to joining this car club than just forking some hard-earned cash and calling yourself a member. :D

There are people at VCA HQ that will process your membership and send out both your welcome email (with your member number, info about your region, etc.) and your welcome packet, which will include your member badge, your welcome gift and some other things. They also ensure that the appropriate portion of your dues gets routed to your regional club to fund local events, they process your Viper magazine subscription, etc.

These actions are not handled by the website-staff who are just volunteer club members. We get notified by HQ on a periodic basis of new memberships, but there is no way for them to know your screen name here, so the upgrade here becomes an exercise of you letting us (the site staff) know your Member number so we can upgrade your account. It's all laid out in the welcome email. ;)

I know that's more info that you wanted, but I just wanted you to know that there are a few moving parts in the membership process and they're not all driven off the same serpentine belt...so to speak. :)

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

And there is this thread in the Gen1/2/3/4 forums:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/609799-i-just-joined-vca-now-what.html

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. So any idea when I should expect to see this email?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. So any idea when I should expect to see this email?

Memberships are processed in batches as I understand it. You can call 1.800.998.1110, option 1 and speak to HQ if you need to expedite getting your number (like to put on the new RAFFLE car form!)

OP
OP
Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Memberships are processed in batches as I understand it. You can call 1.800.998.1110, option 1 and speak to HQ if you need to expedite getting your number (like to put on the new RAFFLE car form!)

I was told they batch them at the end of the week and haven't processed it yet, plus the person that does it is out... hopefully they can call with my number when she comes in.

I guess the raffle tickets and forum access can wait... It's just really hard to believe in today's electronic age that this wouldn't be all automated and instantaneous, especially with a PP payment. :dunno:

V

Venomiss

Looks like you are in and rolling!
Thank you for joining the VCA and supporting this site.

Don't forget you get the classifieds for free and there is carfax for $10 to members.

Maybe we'll see you at VOI?:) My guess is you already bought raffle tickets for VooDoo?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R