Michelle Frey, president of the Western Canada region passed away.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Maurice:

Dear Viper Club of America officers,

It is with great sadness that I announce the death of one of our Regional Presidents. Michelle Frey, president of the Western Canada region, died unexpectedly on August 19 from a massive heart attack. She was just 32 years-old.

Michelle and her father Norm were visiting Northern California for the Monterey/Pebble Beach Concours weekend, a ritual they have done for many years. Michelle and her dad shared a love of cars from the time she was a little girl and she's been a Viperholic since I met her around 1995. In 2000, Norm gave her his '95 yellow Viper RT/10, which she cherished and enjoyed. Recently, Michelle took on the role of president for VCA's Western Canada region.

Michelle is survived by her mother and father, Rose and Norm Frey, and her younger brother Michael. You can reach them at:

7311 196th St.
Surrey, BC V4N 3G5
[email protected]

Norm is still in Santa Cruz wrapping up loose ends, so memorial services have not been scheduled yet. Norm has asked that donations be made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada in lieu of flowers. Their website is: http://ww2.heartandstroke.ca/Page.asp?PageID=81&CategoryID=6&Src=donate

Losing a child is one of the most difficult tragedies anyone can face. I know the Freys will appreciate all the support from the Viper club family during this difficult time. Michelle's energy and enthusiasm will be missed by the many people she touched in her short life and I know she will live on in our hearts and memories.

By: Maurice Liang
President
Viper Club of America
Northern California Region
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michelle was a personal friend of mine as well, she was a Viper fanatic and she just recently took the Presidents position for Western Canada, she will be missed by all. Michelle, your family is in our prayers.

GodSpeed
Jay

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH !!! No parent should have to survive their children...

Sympathies to the family.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Our sincerest sympathies to Michelle's entire family.

The Houss Family

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh my - that is awful.

Michelle's enthusiasm was infectious. She will be missed.

Janni and Henry Cone

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Michelle drove a CART driver in the Molson Indy pre-race parade in 95...
She attended VOI (Vegas) and started an entire thread titled "THE DRESS"..
I hope someone can find and post that awesome, legendary photo...

5 Vipers are participating at races this weekend at PIR .... all will display black-banded Viper badges in Michelle's honor...(She had a yellow RT/10)

5michelle-med.jpg

God Speed, Michelle......you will be missed

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
32? geez... I'm 32

Of course, this is NOT about me, but it makes you think. I never knew her, but I sense she will be missed.

Prayers to her family.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
32? geez... I'm 32

Of course, this is NOT about me, but it makes you think. I never knew her, but I sense she will be missed.

Prayers to her family.

Several of our younger members, who never met Michelle, are touched by her passing. "There but for the grace of God" you see.....

Michelle was a founding-member of the B-C-Canada VCA, our 1st Int'l chapter.
She was there at the inaugural meeting in 1995. Viper driver since 22 years..... 1/3 of her life was VIPER....She was also a recent Panoz-Grad at Sebring..........died while attending Monterey-Pebble Historics for the umpteenth time. She was the ORIGINAL "Events Coordinator" volunteer for the VCA website, along with volunteers Jason Ward, Tony Rickard, and David Adkins, all of PNW who knew her well.........

Her father Norm brings her home up I-5 to B-C Canada today.... OR-WA Viper owners all along I-5 offered them an honor-guard Viper ******, but it was deemed too heart-wrenching for Norm, preferring low-key. She WILL be missed.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, the VCA has lost a wonderful and long term member of our family. Can't hardly believe she's gone.

Back in the late 90's, Michelle was one of the very few women active on the VCA message board at the time. JonB is right about the "DRESS" thing. The dress, worn at the VCA banquet that year at VOI.5 in Las Vegas, was legendary. I know that a number of us have some pictures from there, and I'm going to go back and find my own tonight. What great times those were, and what a wonderful and friendly person she was in life. What a huge loss! I guess it hits much harder when things like this are so unexpected.

Heartfelt condolences to her entire family!

Reaction score
Sad time for her family and friends and extended Viper family. Met Michelle and her parents at a couple N.CA events, very nice family. Terrible to lose someone, but when they are so young and so full of life it just Sad Sad Sad.....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this doesn't sound disrespectful, but can someone post a picture of her? Just wanted to put a face to a terrific personality.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the moderators only can post the pics. Search doesn't seem to go back all the way to 1999 (VOI5).

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My God, what a terribly tragic loss. Nothing I can post other than to send along my sincere and heartfelt condolences to her family.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the moderators only can post the pics. Search doesn't seem to go back all the way to 1999 (VOI5).

Her father Norm has actually given Maurice permission to use the photo....he was very proud of her, and she loved that VOI and her 'debutante' event and THE DRESS photo itself. I hope one of the Board Bosses will post it.

But when you see her photo, and know she's now gone.....its a deep impact

OP
OP
J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Her father Norm has actually given Maurice permission to use the photo....he was very proud of her, and she loved that VOI and her 'debutante' event and THE DRESS photo itself. I hope one of the Board Bosses will post it.

Anyone can post photos, sadly the thread discussed hear is on the old system... gone. If someone can email Tony or myself a scan of the photo, We'll gladly post it. WingKing says he as a few, so I'm sure he'll post them when he digs them out.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Sounds like she was a wonderful person and will be missed by all that knew her. You can't do better than that in life. Sad to hear about this, and my sympathies to the family.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
48mfrey.jpg

MatchboxMadeMyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
32? how ? she doesn't even look like the type to suffer a massive heart attack.She was awfully cute to boot...Well shes probably drag racin her viper against angels now. God bless her soul.

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very, very sad. My deepest sympathies to her, her family and friends...
So very young too...
I'm 32

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
May God help the family heal, knowing their daughter is in the care of her heavenly father now.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember her posts on the "old" board when I first got my Viper in 96. Quite witty, and able to take as well as she gave.
Terribly tragic to go at such a young age. My prayers are with her family and loved ones in this time of need.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear God that's so very sad and tragic to hear :(

I will make sure to pass my own condolences personally to her family by e-mail, because sometime next year I would have probably been in the position to meet her myself when we visit my family in Calgary, Canada again.
Her predecessor Patrick Hiebert set me up with a VCA member who gave me the (until now) most unforgetable day of my life, getting a ride in 2 Vipers, AND getting to know a very kind and cool VCA member.
For a guy coming all the way from The Netherlands that is a huge thing, and I have no doubt whatsoever that meeting Michelle would have made for a great time too.
Again my sincerest condolences and best wishes, godspeed to her family in trying to recover from such a tragedy :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger