Minor accident questions

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys, My car was involved in a little accident. My car was parked and was backed up into. The person was not looking at all and did not hear me yelling. The scuffed up my front bumper and chipped my hood. I'm going to go through insurance, but I have never had to do it with this car. Is there anything I should know or do? I'm going to take a bunch of pictures for my records. Any reputable shops that I can bring it to? Also, when the appraiser comes out, do they take into consideration the type of car it is so I don't get shortchanged on the amount to fix it? If any of you have went through this your responses are greatly appreciated!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that *****.

There are many post like yours already here on the forum. I am sure you can find some helpful information if you search.

That said, you need to think about diminished value in addition to getting original replacement parts. Unfortunately if the hood and front facial are damaged it could be enough to total the car. The hood unpainted can be $10K.

One take away from the post would be to give John B a call. He has helped many members deal with insurance companies who typically have no idea what they are doing when looking at a Viper.

We do have a member who has a body shop in MA. I am sure Harry can help you out.

PM me, and I will try to get the two of you connected.

Good luck!

OP
OP
O

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do believe that the damage is limited to paint,its just scuffed up and scratched. She did not hit me going very fast, but her bumper went over mine.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do believe that the damage is limited to paint,its just scuffed up and scratched. She did not hit me going very fast, but her bumper went over mine.

If its that little or small especially here is mass do not claim it just fix it yourself or it will go into a database and if you try and sell your car at a later time and they use a carfax etc it will show up under accident found and could slow down your sale.
If its larger and costly you will have to but remember the deductable! but also in ma if it was her fault no deductable should apply.

Bill

OP
OP
O

orsini112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its really not too bad at all, But the chips aren't going to buff out. Its a really minor accident, but I also do not want to pay for fixing it since I did not do it. How much would this effect value? Essentially It looks like the bumper and hood would need to be repainted because of the chips. The chips in the hood and bumper are relatively small, but I did not do them and would like to have the car in tip top shape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss