Minor issues fixed by dealer

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just want to share for other Gen V owners. Overall the car has been fantastic.

I had an issue where the ESC light would randomly pop on while driving. The carpet on the passenger side pulled out a bit by the sill. I've also had a "Malfunction" light for the rear shift gate come on about 4 times in the last two months.

ESC light was traced to a bolt for some brake assembly. Swapped out and seemingly fixed the issue.
Carpet was swapped out, looks fantastic now.
I let them keep the car for 3 days to try to figure out the malfunction light. They traced cables and couldn't find anything. It has only popped on at random acceleration points. The annoyance is the rear shift gate opens up.

Overall minor things. SRT and my local dealer (Koons in Tysons) have been great to fix anything. Previously I had the headlight replaced because a single LED was burnt out. I've been happy with how SRT has dealt with it and Koons, service manager is great.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on the annoyance of the rear shift gate opening while acceleration?

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you elaborate more on the annoyance of the rear shift gate opening while acceleration?

It has happened about three times, you can get the shifter over to the reverse area but you can't engage. They think it is a wiring issue (pinched wire?) - it hasn't happened in over a month. When it occurs the light stays on for about a day and the reverse lockout randomly works. Annoying more than anything. Hopefully it has gone away.

Reaction score
Have them check the connector on the solenoid, it may not be fully connected, it could have dielectric grease that is excessive or even a bent pin in the connector causeing these symptoms.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has happened about three times, you can get the shifter over to the reverse area but you can't engage. They think it is a wiring issue (pinched wire?) - it hasn't happened in over a month. When it occurs the light stays on for about a day and the reverse lockout randomly works. Annoying more than anything. Hopefully it has gone away.
When the lockout works does it affect your gear shifting? or just the light stays on.
Good thing it is fixed now after they checked all the wiring.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235