Misfire Unsupported in '96 PCM?

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running a '96 PCM in my '01 GTS in order to get it through DEQ. My '01 PCM has a modified program in it and it always has a check engine light on (thinks it has a bad program in it) so I can't go through DEQ with it.

I have never had a problem before going through DEQ with the '96 PCM but this time it reported that 'Misfire' was an unsupported mode which caused me to fail. Anyone have a good guess as to what might be going on here? I am pretty sure that the '96 PCM supports misfire, it is just suppose to be more tolerant before setting the code.

--- Ken

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some modes that the '98 and later JTEC controllers will handle that the 96 won't. One of them is real-time output of block map tuning via DRB. Misfire detection might possibly be another one.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running a '96 PCM in my '01 GTS in order to get it through DEQ. My '01 PCM has a modified program in it and it always has a check engine light on (thinks it has a bad program in it) so I can't go through DEQ with it.

I have never had a problem before going through DEQ with the '96 PCM but this time it reported that 'Misfire' was an unsupported mode which caused me to fail. Anyone have a good guess as to what might be going on here? I am pretty sure that the '96 PCM supports misfire, it is just suppose to be more tolerant before setting the code.

--- Ken

The 97 and 98 PCM are both more tolerant than your 01 PCM and they for sure will display misfire codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper