MODS/OWNERS OF THIS SITE.....

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WILL YOU PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS / CONNECTION, ETC.. I LOVE THIS SITE, I HAVE AN UPGRADED BROADBAND CONNECTION AND IT STILL TAKES ME ON AVERAGE 30 SECONDS TO LOAD A PAGE. C'MON!! Phew, I feel better now..

G

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was better for a while, but has drastically regressed the last couple months.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I agree, it seems to be getting slower lately. Most other sites open up in an instant.

My broadband transfers sometimes higher than 500KB/sec, which is fast enough to stream movies, but still pages of the VCA board sometimes take a while. That's gotta be the server.

Maybe my VCA membership dues are late? :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is NO possible way it is NOT the server. we all cant be wrong. and we all connect at a high speed too.

come'on VCA, turn it up.

i bet the NEW vette forums are fast...lol

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just depends on the time of day. I seen good I seen bad.

Be careful what you wish for, they may ban big sigs with pics, and god forbid the Viper n Chic post.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed!!!

Every other site I'm on comes up in an instant. This site takes what seems like forever to load a page. Very annoying!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...AND, attempts by new members to register are going unanswered...they are complaining that the promised password has NOT been sent...even after waiting a month or two !!!

This is NOT the way to attract new potential owners to the Viper Nation...at least in my opinion.

What gives ???

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy and prosperous New Year Tony..

...site is still slow... LOL.. I have to cancel load, use the back button and try the page request again. that seems to speed it up a whopping few seconds.. blah..

G

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can we do? Everyone is a volunteer so people's feelings get hurt if you criticise. There's no accountability for this site.

Can any VCA member ask to look at the financials? There's got to be a better way to maintain this site.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virtually UNusable today 8:00am east coast. Takes 45 seconds to go from one forum to another. Visit any and every other car site to see how they SHOULD load. What a joke.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it's a server thing, I'd be willing to donate some hardware. If you need fresh volunteers, I'd be willing to help. This thing has got to run faster. Here's some fightin' words, "I bet the Corvette club site is faster..." ;)

Santo

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They probably havent even read this thread. :rolleyes: Nothing will be done about the slowness. Its been brought up for years and I've never seen an improvement.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It' so slow tonite it's pathetic. Makes me want to throw my computer through the window. C'mon Dodge/VCA lets get something done about it, please ?

Gerald

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It' so slow tonite it's pathetic.

Yep, worse than usual tonight. Painful even!

Or I guess you could call it pathetic. You could also call it prohibitive, pitiful, punishing, proscriptive, preposterous, penalizing, poor, or precarious.

There, I just added another 9 seconds to open this thread! :smirk:

Reaction score
...AND, attempts by new members to register are going unanswered...they are complaining that the promised password has NOT been sent...even after waiting a month or two !!!

This is NOT the way to attract new potential owners to the Viper Nation...at least in my opinion.

What gives ???

Please send me details. This is news to me. There is only ONE issue with outbound e-mail...and that is to verizon.net domain. Other than that, 99.9% of the time it is operator error...sorry. With almost 7+ years of experience here....I can say that with a good amount of certainty. The process is SIMPLE, and CLERALY stated on the registration page. I can tell you that ANY account that has absolutely ZERO contact info is deleted automatically. I can't fix something if I don't know its broke. You give me details and I'll give you results.

Having said that....if you know someone who needs help, I am always here.

Lastly, as I just sat down for a second following a trip to Portsmouth Naval Hospital (son's appt.).....I just happened to see this. Why, oh why, would there be a post about the website in THIS Forum....and then people complain there is no reply from someone? First I saw of this, and from what I know, and can see happening already....and from what has been posted in the past....work is in progress....I promise! :)

I happen to surf from my XV6700 all day and have a blast. :)

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can always count on Tony.
Thanks Sweetie ;)

What gives ???

Please send me details. This is news to me. There is only ONE issue with outbound e-mail...and that is to verizon.net domain. Other than that, 99.9% of the time it is operator error...sorry. With almost 7+ years of experience here....I can say that with a good amount of certainty. The process is SIMPLE, and CLERALY stated on the registration page. I can tell you that ANY account that has absolutely ZERO contact info is deleted automatically. I can't fix something if I don't know its broke. You give me details and I'll give you results.

Having said that....if you know someone who needs help, I am always here.

Lastly, as I just sat down for a second following a trip to Portsmouth Naval Hospital (son's appt.).....I just happened to see this. Why, oh why, would there be a post about the website in THIS Forum....and then people complain there is no reply from someone? First I saw of this, and from what I know, and can see happening already....and from what has been posted in the past....work is in progress....I promise! :)

I happen to surf from my XV6700 all day and have a blast. :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Tony. The folks that had the trouble have indeed received their respective passwords(a short time after my post).

I beleive the MAIN issue in this thread is the slowness of the site itself (as is well described above)....begging the question as to the need for further VCA investment ($$$) in either updating the hardware (and/or sofeware), or possibly site management. These are issues commonly raised by our Regional members as well.

Thanks for the response.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Tony. The folks that had the trouble have indeed received their respective passwords(a short time after my post).

I beleive the MAIN issue in this thread is the slowness of the site itself (as is well described above)....begging the question as to the need for further VCA investment ($$$) in either updating the hardware (and/or sofeware), or possibly site management. These are issues commonly raised by our Regional members as well.

Thanks for the response.

AGREED...check these posts out almost a YEAR ago :rolleyes:

No Reply also.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16&Number=539211&Forum=All_Forums&Words=1087&Match=Username&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=539211&Search=true#Post539211

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16&Number=539210&Forum=All_Forums&Words=1087&Match=Username&Searchpage=5&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=539210&Search=true#Post539210

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thirty seconds / page ? Those were the good days !!!
Thanks to kATRINA, no DSL, no cable and even dial up comes at half speed ...Try a suicide justifying speed of 23k :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456