Mopar Race exhaust

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have read MANY threads regarding the exhaust. Curious if someone has the Mopar Race Exhaust? DO you HAVE to upgrade with the cam and pcm or can it be just the exhaust and no cats? How much louder is the system with NO cats? Price seems reasonable.

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read MANY threads regarding the exhaust. Curious if someone has the Mopar Race Exhaust? DO you HAVE to upgrade with the cam and pcm or can it be just the exhaust and no cats? How much louder is the system with NO cats? Price seems reasonable.

I personally don’t have this exhaust but I did help install one on my friends Viper, below are my thoughts.

1st You don’t need to upgrade/replace the Cam and/or PCM with this exh. With the cats removed he does have a gas smell or byproduct when sitting at a red-light etc… The fumes waft throughout. :crazy2:

2nd The louder question is subjective to the Owner – Operator…:dunno: His vehicle is definitely louder then stock. However I am unable to provide a quantitative answer in the form of a dB level to represent the "How Much Louder" answer to your question. (Best guess would be + 2x) The Mopar system also has a “Drone”, or should I say his system has a drone. I personally think the Mopar is to abrasive (Loud) for my taste at 45 yrs old. I enjoy driving my Viper :drive: and "Loud" would detract from the enjoyment... Just my thoughts…

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this system on my Paxton SRT. Actually love it but then again I tend to think a Viper is too pussified sounding stock anyways. I dont get any gas smell but w/o cats you def get the rumble backfire popping during deceleration. I would probably get annoyed with it if I drove it any significant miles but for a weekend 30-50 mile cruiser, nothing really bothers you. Ive taken on a couple longer trips (200 miles) and wasnt that bothered by it. Have O2 simms so no CEL.

OP
OP
V

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it JUST the exhaust ? Any cat delete? Mopar pcm or cam ? Did you find the fit did not have to get modified? Thanks

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it JUST the exhaust ? Any cat delete? Mopar pcm or cam ? Did you find the fit did not have to get modified? Thanks

the mopar race exhaust deletes the cats all together. i am thinking about getting one for my car. i wish someone had some pics of it during install and after. i have a 2005 srt-10 ram and i did the mopar comuter, headers, exhaust, and cam and it is very fast and sounds really good. since that deleted the cats on the truck also you can smell the race gas the entire time of driving.

OP
OP
V

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same mods on my SRT 10 QC. I do not smell any gas though ! Is that your stable in your avatar ?

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep that's my truck and car together in the pic. I use CAM2 race gas so I always smell it. I love it!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4