Mopars at the Rock !!! April 6th, 2013

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 22nd annual "Mopars at the Rock" is scheduled for Saturday, April 6th in Rockingham, NC which is a great location for both North & South Carolina members. Bring your Viper out to experience this annual car show, drag event, and swap meet exclusive to MOPARS!!! The gates open at 8:00am on Saturday. We are trying to determine how many members will be attending as the event planners have agreed to designate an area specifically for Vipers. Who can join us? :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Slammed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Mopars at the Rock !!!

Yep I'll be doing the Mopars at the Rock, I checked with the track and the Trophy class will run 1/4 mile... Vipers don't do 1/8 mile drags. Is the plan to meet at Charlotte Caff & Cars Sat morning and then caravan down to Rockingham?

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great idea! Any other Charlotte area members interested in caravanning down to Rockingham from C&C with Rich?

Raleigh area guys, is everyone good with meeting at our Cars & Coffee in Cary and then heading down?

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad I saw this thread... I'll check with the cheif schedule maker of the household and see if she has anything on the calendar. I think a group driving down together from C&C would be ideal. I'd recommend getting this out to the Challenger forum as well.

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd recommend getting this out to the Challenger forum as well.

I sent the President over at Deep South Mopars a message to see what they were planning and if they wanted to convoy with us from C&C

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far...

Raleigh Area Members Attending:
Brian (Brian GTS)
Chris (mendler23)
Marko (Next Phase)

Charlotte Area Members Attending:
Chuck (CBR-ACR)
Angel (NO HEMI)
Rich (Slammed)

Last edited:

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich, I think your nickname will change from Slammed to Rubbed when you drive into the Mattie's Diner Parking lot for C&C Saturday. My spliter bottomed out coming in that deceivingly steep entrance and I am not nearly as low as your car........ Chris with gates open at 8am, are you thinking to meet up at 10am? If so, we will need to be on the road by 8:30ish.

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I am thinking. I am open to earlier if guys really want to get there earlier, but leaving by 8:30am on a Saturday is pretty early for a night owl like me :)

Wilmington guys will also be coming down to meet us.

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian spoke with the event coordinators and they asked that we arrive by 8am as a group. So that has made things a bit more difficult. What does everyone think of meeting beforehand a few minutes from the track? See the example below:

7:45am meet at:

Big Lots
491 East Broad Avenue
Rockingham, NC 28379

Then ~8am make our way to the entrance together. Thoughts?

Snake#36

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris I know they would like everyone to be there when the gate opens but sometimes it just doesn't work for everyone ...especially when you have to add a couple of hours of driving ....I didn't make the show last year but I did make the 2 previous shows.....I can't see where there's going to be a problem parking together ....they might prove me wrong this year...I would like for all of us to arrive @ the same time but the Wilmington Vipers will probably get there about 9:30 ....if they prove me wrong save us some spots...

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone that plans to attend from Charlotte, we can meet at the Shell on the right hand side just south of 485 on 74 which will run us into Rockingham. We will need to depart from there about 6:30am to meet up with the rest of the members at the Big Lots in Rockingham. Let me know.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't be there that early... I'm heading out to C&C in the AM with some friends. Anyone heading out to Cary in the AM?

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yawn... Getting ready to head down and meet the guys at big lots. We will try to save as many spots as possible

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we arrived. We're behind a drag strip closest to the main road, they are saving a row for Vipers only

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth