More brake dust on one side than the other??

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After coming back from weekend drives I am noticing that when I do the quick detail to clean up and put away, I am getting quite a bite more brake dust on the passenger side than the drivers side. I am noticing it on the passenger side door. I am assuming it is brake dust and not soot (I have side pipes) or tire. I don't see any more dust on the wheel though. The brakes feel fine, no pulling dragging etc. Do I have a caliper on the way out? Anything need to be lubed to let the caliper float properly?

Is it possible that I am seeing tire/road grime? I usually will take left sweepers much faster than right. Not sure why, but I definitely do. Thanks..KW

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a pad on it's way out. Remove the pads and check them out. Compare all 4 front pads. Also check out the rotors for any uneven wear. Something could have embedded itself in the pads. Lastly check the calipers, pistons, dust seals. Having done all this, might as well clean everything with a brake cleaner.

Also why do you think this might be tire/road grime. Right side of the road generally has more dirt than the left because of it's concave nature. But if you are not sure if it's brake dust or road grime, just check the rotors and pads for uneven wear.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be anything. Could be aerodynamics, do you drive with one window down more than the other? Just guessing about that, but if the brakes feel good and the pads are wearing equally don't worry about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth