Motul Best Prices

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I only use Motul 300v 15/50 and the stuff costs a small fortune. Im paying $26.97 for a 2.1 liter bottle (Just over two quarts) plus shipping. Anybody know of some outpost where I can find this liquid gold at a more reasonable cost? Im a motul fan so im not switching (don't ask me too:nono:) Let me know of some good leads if you got them, please:2tu:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Have to admit I've never heard of "Motul"--must really be something to cost almost $150.00 for an oil change with filter.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Motul has some great products...though around here, I usually have to go to a motorcycle or go-cart shop for the products.

I'll bet Shandon is using a race formulation...may be stuck with price.

There is some interesting info on the history of Motul, US distributor, and some product info at the site linked below:

Full Motul line-up now available !!! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

Shandon, you might call our friends at General Petroleum in Fort Wayne, IN (the folks who give a good discount to IN/KY VCA Members on Mobil 1's 0W-40)...ask for "Craig, Jr"...make your case to see if they want/can add it to their product line.

Ricksnake1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using Walmart 10w-40 in the winter and 20w-50 in the summer in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS for the past 165,000 miles. Have never been inside the motor to look at the 165 raging horse`s but the car runs fine. Also use the Walmart 5w-30 in the Viper, HHR SS asnd our SS camaro.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
motul is one of the best oils around, I used to use it on a extremely tuned Mitisubishi Evo II RS. Viper doesn't need it though with it's truck engine, but it is one of the best I guess...

Here in Europe it's also hard to find.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motul has some great products...though around here, I usually have to go to a motorcycle or go-cart shop for the products.

I'll bet Shandon is using a race formulation...may be stuck with price.

There is some interesting info on the history of Motul, US distributor, and some product info at the site linked below:

Full Motul line-up now available !!! - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

Shandon, you might call our friends at General Petroleum in Fort Wayne, IN (the folks who give a good discount to IN/KY VCA Members on Mobil 1's 0W-40)...ask for "Craig, Jr"...make your case to see if they want/can add it to their product line.

Thanks Steve I will check in with them and see. I'll also see if that site off the link could get me a better price too. Yes I use the competition race oil.

motul is one of the best oils around, I used to use it on a extremely tuned Mitisubishi Evo II RS. Viper doesn't need it though with it's truck engine, but it is one of the best I guess...

Here in Europe it's also hard to find.

Yea Im sure its overkill but since my viper spends most its life now on the track I want as much insurance on the engine and I can get. It's tough to find around here also. I always have to order it online.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the Motul 8100 5w40 which is still a GroupV Synthetic with Ester that my local tuner shop keeps in stock. Its a step down from the "double ester" 300V which i dont think is necessary for my app. I think the 5qt jugs i buy run about 40-45bucks a piece.

You should call/email Motul to find out where your nearest authorized dealer is. If you cant get a response pm me your zipcode and i'll email my shop to see if they can locate a reseller near you.