My black & white supercharged beauty!!!!!

VIPERCON305

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Wuzup everybody,

Just wanted to upload some pics of my Newly Made over Vert!!! She is an 03 Vert. i had her Wrapped in Matte White and kept the gloss black down the middle. I also had the Stock Rims Dipped in Gloss Black (dipyourcar.com) did the dipping.

She is Lowered with Eibach Springs with caps. / Motor was Completely Done by Good Friend Doug Levin. Full Supercharged kit with all the bolt ons. 750 RWHP off the Dyno. Runs Great!!

Hope you guys Like!!

You must be registered for see images attach

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Throw a light bar on the top and Sherriff decal on the side!

Clean car and the engine work makes me envious for my stock '06 coupe. Have you considered having the edge of the white wrap go straight through the front bumper rather than follow the curve of the front grille opening similar to the ACR? Also a Red driver stripe would pop on that car

OP
OP
V

VIPERCON305

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might throw some strobes now that u mention it!!! lol. Just kidding.

I have the New Hood from Vipair. the 08 Style Hood. But when i went to install it . It is not a direct fit and is giving me some from problems. so my fiberglass guy is working on it now. Then once i put the New Hood on it will have a Stripe down the drivers side.

And i wanted to be different with the way i did the curves. thats why i did the front that way and i had the back do the same.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like it. It looks clean and aggressive. And with that much hp it must be a blast to drive.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCON305

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the compliments..... I just wanted to go outside the box a little and try something different with the viper.. I'm glad u guys like it..

The matte wrap is removable also. The wrap is a 3M product with a 5 year warranty.. It is a very strong and reliable wrap. The only issue is because of the WHITE, it is a little hard to maintain with finger prints and dirt. But since I only use this car once in awhile and it mainly stays in the garage it's not to bad.. But if you wanted to do something in matte white and use the car a lot. Then it would be an issue with keeping it clean.

Also there is a new solution to wrapping that can still give you the same look and easier to maintain. It's called DIPPING YOUR CAR. My buddy just opened the company here in south Florida. But you can check it out at www.dipyourcar.com / which that product is on my rims. I had the rims dipped in gloss black.

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boy, the Plastidip could be addictive. I could see going matte white or gunmetal gray.

How well will the wheels hold up? Will this stuff survive a regular washing?

-mb

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread, piggy backing of the plastidip...
I did my wheels early June. I did the Power Tour Detroit to Dallas and didn't want to worry about getting my wheels all grimy and having to keep them clean. This stuff sprays on like paint but peels off like sunburn. Or, if you've ever poured Elmer's glue on your hand and let it dry, then peeled it off. I used it as "wheel bra". I've used the self service pressure car washers full blast and it didn't peel off. I'm going to play around with color options. I like that it's easy to return back to original color and it protects the finish underneath.

Before
You must be registered for see images

After
You must be registered for see images

Here's a great video of a dipped car going through a brush type car wash, not that we'd do this to a Viper.
http://youtu.be/APDhVMOqmw0

Plastidip removal
http://youtu.be/SxxfHI4V7jo

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of wheels are those on the black viper that looks so sweet with the black on black, also what size are they

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT LOOKS GREAT! Actually I'm going to plastidip my stock wheels to a black base with silver metalizer to see how I like them. I think it will be durable until you track the car. Plastidip has a 200F limit, so the heat from the brakes on to the wheels will destroy plastidip and probably make it melt off.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a post a while back on a different forum where a guy dipped his wheels on his Porsche. He did the wheels in red and after tracking they faded and peeled a little. Found the link:
Dipped Porsce wheels tracked

Heavier coated wheels held up, just some brakedust.

This was the single coated wheel that peeled

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a post a while back on a different forum where a guy dipped his wheels on his Porsche. He did the wheels in red and after tracking they faded and peeled a little. Found the link:
Dipped Porsce wheels tracked

Heavier coated wheels held up, just some brakedust.

This was the single coated wheel that peeled

The location also matters. I'm in Texas we have over 105 days here plus the hot asphalt track and hard driving could mean bad news. We have had plastic centercaps melt off the wheels over here. But that does make me feel better about plastidipping my wheels. I was thinking about 3 coats. I am also going to do a clear plastidip on the front my car as a clear bra for the front as protection against bug splatter and rock chips

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The location also matters. I'm in Texas we have over 105 days here plus the hot asphalt track and hard driving could mean bad news. We have had plastic centercaps melt off the wheels over here. But that does make me feel better about plastidipping my wheels. I was thinking about 3 coats. I am also going to do a clear plastidip on the front my car as a clear bra for the front as protection against bug splatter and rock chips
If I didn't already have a clear bra I would have also used plastidip on the front of my car. The plastidip clear is a matte clear, it will make whatever you spray look foggy. The matte black is more readily available.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...I didn't know they made it in clear too. Maybe I'll spray the nose of my car before I drive down to VOI

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm...I didn't know they made it in clear too. Maybe I'll spray the nose of my car before I drive down to VOI

If you want it Matte.... I wonder if they make it in gloss.... This way I can just dip my new wheels and not pay to do the whole powder coating process.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a clear glossifyer spray to turn any of the matte colors glossy. This includes clear.

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about just using the glossifier spray as the clear bra spray. That should be glossy clear. Will it hurt the paint of the car though?

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want it Matte.... I wonder if they make it in gloss.... This way I can just dip my new wheels and not pay to do the whole powder coating process.
they have a glossifier spray that you can use to turn it glossy

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cool thing Hank is you peel it off when you get there and you can respray again before you leave. It's the ultimate quick Bra application

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about just using the glossifier spray as the clear bra spray. That should be glossy clear. Will it hurt the paint of the car though?

I think the glossifier will be too thin to spray alone. If you want gloss clear you will have to spray matte clear then over with glossifier.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCON305

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the glossifier will be too thin to spray alone. If you want gloss clear you will have to spray matte clear then over with glossifier.

THANKS FOR HI JACKING MY THREAD.....LOL!!!! JUST KIDDING

But ya as for the plasti dip.. It is awesome... I know the owner of dipyourcar.com which is a friend of mine and he is actually working on reduing my car in the MATTE WHITE with a clear coat over the top of it.. The reason I am going to probably have this done. Is as you guys can see in the pics the car looks great with the matte white wrap. But the BIG PROBLEM is with finger prints , grease , etc. it will not come out.. And if use the wrong chemical it turns the wrap yellowish. So my guys at dipyourcar.com are working on a solution to never have that problem with there matte white product. So I will keep you guys posted if I go that route.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL COLOR Combo ........ in my totally unbiased opinion of course .......... just needs a little Viper Red to make it faster :D.

As others have stated - need pics of the heart of the beast.

And lastly - that plastidip seems to be getting a lot of press lately.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62