My cheeseball thank you to the Chrysler/SRT for keeping the viper alive

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at SRT for making the GEN V Viper. It wasn't long ago that a Viper after 2010 was not a certainty as the very existence of Chrysler was in question. A tip of the cap to Marchionne for recognizing amazing talent at chrysler and realizing a lack of resources was the main thing holding them back. All the new designs from the 300C to the Dart to the venerable Viper are a testament to the amazing talent and drive of the folks at Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and SRT. Make sure to enjoy this. I know it probably seems like the car has been around for a while now, but take a little time to bask in what you are created.

Thank you Ralph for you amazing dedication to the Viper and the SRT program. While the viper is the flagship, all of the products coming out of SRT are world class. I'm a huge fan of all of them right now. I have no idea how hard you had to work to save the Viper, but I can imagine there were some heated debates about it's future within Dodge/SRT. I'm so glad that it has been saved. It was well worth it, well worth it.

And last, but certainly not least I want to thank all the hard working men and women at the Conner assembly plant. First, I would like to thank you for my 2008 ACR in Orange with dual black stripes. I love this car. I love it. I can't stress that enough. It's the reason I'm so interested in the GEN V. I'm so happy to know that the new car will be built by many of the same people and come out of the same plant. I know it's been tough around there, so thank you for coming back and making such amazing vehicles.

As the founder of a startup I feel a special kinship with Chrysler and the struggles they have gone through. I know what it's like to operate with too little money and too little time. It's always great to see people fight through adversity and claw their way back to prominence.

As an enthusiast I just want to reiterate losing Chrysler and specifically the Viper, the only american Supercar, imo, would of been devastating. Thank you so much for you hard work and I look forward to owning a GEN V Viper in the future.

I know it's cheesy and maybe a bit dramatic, but I mean it. It would of been a real shame for the viper to disappear into oblivion along with chrysler. I was a porsche kid growing up. The 911 adorned my walls and I used to obsess over the stats, etc. While I still love what comes out of Germany I can't help but be very impressed with what Chrysler is doing. Keep up the good work.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree this post, and well written. I'm a huge SRT fan (see my sig). I've wanted a Viper since they first appeared on the scene in 1992, and two years ago, my dream was realized. I bought my SRT8 new five years ago, and it also puts a smile on my face every time I stomp the pedal. Both the 8.3 V10 and 6.1 V8 are superb engines ( I don't dare drive a 6.4, LOL!), and the 8.4 is now even better.

We really are living in good times, car-wise. Don't know how many more years it will last.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wasn't schmaltzy enough! :rolaugh: Here, try adding something like this-

"I lost my puppy when I was a kid, and oh how I missed that puppy. But when the Viper program was revived, my puppy finally came home! And she had cute widdle pups of her own! I named them Gen1, Gen2, Gen3, Gen4, and Gen5!!"

hah hah, ok, just kidding around.

I hear what ya say, and wholeheatedly agree. Getting a Viper is what moved me to start my buisiness. Their endeavor became my muse. Viper means more to me than any other car make, ever. (ah, sht, I'm tear-ing up!)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very insiteful video. What a lot of Viper purists including myself realize is that Chrysler has a company to run and money to be made. The Viper does not even scratch the surface of revenue. It is more like a fun side project for artists and engineers to go beyond the money making machine and produce something that both the automaker and buyer both have a passion for. Sergio has become the white Knight of the company and allowed our beloved flagship Beast to become a reality.

food for thought

Bruce