My favorite liquid wax has been discontinued

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know every one has their favorite wax. The one you reach for all the time, the one that you've had the best luck with. Well for years my wax of choice ( don't laugh) has been Turtle wax's platinum series ultra gloss liquid wax. I was running low on the wax and the platinum series detail spray. So I figured I would go to their web site and see if i could order some. Well after not seeing it on the web site. I pick up the phone and called them to find out they have discontinued it a year ago. So I remembered seeing some on the shelf of my local true value hardware store. Needless to say I bought them out of the detail spray and have bought several bottles of the liquid wax. It should hold me for a while. Just disappointed I guess. I know there are other great waxes. I just don't like being forced to change. :push:

Last edited:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll help you out my friend. We have this one-step program that you're going to love. Wax on, wax off. That's all there is to it. Wipe it on, wipe it off and it comes off real easy. It called Buttery Wax. If you liked what you were using, you'll love this stuff.

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping you would reply Junkman. I like simple. I don't ever plan on my viper needing paint correction. I just want to wash (when needed) , clay bar , then wax. Will you be at the Chrysler @ Carlisle show July 8-10.?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have plans to be there yet but who knows. Things may change. As for claying and waxing, I wouldn't bother claying if you are not going to do any polishing. Claying will leave some marring behind and that is removed by polishing. Polishing is also what removes swirl marks so if you are not interested in doing all that, lay your wax and move on. That's not something I would do but then you know how anal I am when it comes to paint. :D

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be at the Carlisle Show. Stop on by the Adam's Tent and we'll set ya up with some buttery wax or Americana! Both are fantastic!

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave it to Junkman to jump in and help another Viper guy. Junk, if you aren't careful, you might cause me to develop a whole new respect for Vette guys!

Ron

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
junkman needs to be a site sponsor.

I'd love to, but I don't have anything to sell. My advice is free. Now if I can sell my computer services, I'd be happy to sign up! :)

Leave it to Junkman to jump in and help another Viper guy. Junk, if you aren't careful, you might cause me to develop a whole new respect for Vette guys!

Ron

:rolaugh:

Hey, I'm a auto enthusiast first, before anything. :2tu: