My first Viper! She's finally here! 97' GTS

PJSid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have dreamed about owning a Viper for years, specifically a Gen 2. My dream came true. She got delivered to me this week. I am so thrilled to take her for her first ride when the weather finally breaks here in NH. Looking forward to learning a ton from everyone on here.
You must be registered for see images attach

sinestr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color and with the optional silver stripe to boot. Good luck with your new baby.

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations! I remember that feeling. Respect her and she will be an excellent car. And remember, Vipers don't have the electronic safety nets found in most cars today. The horsepower and torque is super-fun but the car can easily break loose if pushed.

On that note, check the manufacturer date on your tires. They may look brand new but a lot of Vipers are barely driven. Tires are one of those items that breakdown over time. I remember when I got my Viper the tires looked good but they were super old which is not safe. You want sticky rubbers not old hard rubbers. LOL.

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot

Sweet! I see you also have the autoform wing but you don't have the additional stabilizing hardware installed. My hardware was all rusted when I got it and it also makes closing and opening the hatch difficult so I debated on just removing it. After thinking about it though, I was afraid that it was needed to stabilize the wing so I had the hardware sanded and repainted. How is your car without it? Does the wing sway much at speed?

View media item 14975

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets