My GTS for sale

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted in Classifieds and on eBay (groan). I'm in IL if anyone local wants to take a look at it.

Sapphire GTS with Silver Stripes, HRE wheels - ViperClub Classifieds

Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 120447090102 end time Jul-21-09 19:59:15 PDT)

DSC_1592_1_.jpg

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested in a trade for a supercharged Gen 1(althought didn't you already have one?)

martyb

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind Copmagnet, I didnt realize your GTS was that new!

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car seems very competitively priced. I would expect this to sell first go around...

That's a great price with all those mods and goodies.

Thanks. Personally, I feel I'm giving it away. But a few thousand is not worth agonizing over and I can't let my pride get in the way.

What ticks me is the shameless tire-kickers. I had a buyer who said we were good to go, then called and said he hadn't realized how expensive insurance was, how his mechanic wasn't available, or how he couldn't get to the bank before closing, etc. This went on for a few weeks. So now she's on eBay...

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Problem with ebay is that everyone is looking for a complete steal. I mean I am seeing nice ACR's and 96/97 BW with 10-20k miles NOT going for 40k.... Most completed listings are not sold due to reserve not being met and the highest bid's on GREAT cars going for 20 to 30k. Again people are really looking for steals. I wish more people could wait to sell because I am most certain these cars are going to sell for a good amount of money in a few years...and an insane amount of money in the long-run.

edit: not suggesting you wait to sell, as my post is implying that. Everyone has their reasons and I am sure you have done your own costs/benefits analysis of waiting vs selling now. Anyways, do autotrader, craigslist, VCA and ebay. Maybe, if you can, give yourself 3 months to sell. I think people that write "I am not in a hurry to sell and do not need to sell" do help **** out people and low balls.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree completely about eBay. It's practically useless, except to help advertise. Maybe it'll get you lucky and find the one earnest buyer who is looking for a car just like yours. But as with most things internet-based, it brings out the worst in people.

I've had it in the Viper Classifieds for a couple of weeks, which is where I really hold out hope. It's an entirely different buyer here. A fellow club member who appreciates the car and the work that went into it, and with whom I'll have a long-term relationship well after the sale. Works out best for everyone!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always had great success with the VCA classifieds and Autotrader selling Vipers.

Good luck with the sale...more like giving it away at that price. :)

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You realize that selling that Viper is an unforgivable sin, right? God's going to give you a spanking if the devil doesn't get you first.