My headers Lost by UPS show up on EBAY

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Did you email the seller, and ask him where he got them? Couldn't hurt....Also ask him who he is!

Maybe that will lead to the thief.. And maybe make a call to the police?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont tell me this my headers are in transit through UPS after being coated. lol

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would contact him as a potential buyer and find out where he is... who knows.. he could be your next door neighbor!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
EBAY online fencing provider. Help criminals market their stolen goods and make fees without any legal responsibility. Nice business. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if was stolen or if UPS auctioned it off. Still if they auctioned it off they obviously didn't look too hard. IF they where stolen I hope who ever stole them is caught.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Contact your local police department and file a report. Be ready to prove your side and let the cops set up their own sting. If you're 100% sure win the auction and have them pick him/her up when they make the transaction.

If they did acquire these legitly then you'd have a nice little suit against UPS for theft - especially if they didn't pay the claim.

viper400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPS has lost my share of packages for me in the past. However they ALWAYS paid the CLAIM. Its EASY to beleive they eventually showed up but why didnt UPS pay the claim ??

Did you not insure the package ??

It too would contact the Police to crack down on Ebay theives. Just my opinion

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I wrong, or should it be the same headers on both pictures? It's not...

Agree, it looks as if there are more bungs in the first picture.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming insurance paid the claim and the seller is innocent of any wrongdoing, would it be unethical to bid on these? $500 is a reasonable price for used headers.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I shipped them the purchaser had a 1999 or new car so I weld in O2 sensor holes in the cylinder 5 and 6 so his check engine light would not come on. This can be verified (reciept from Carline muffler day before I shipped the headers). PLUS B&B can verify that very few of these are sold expecially ones that vht heat painted then sand blasted off.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy has reponded ;

I was wondering why I had so many emails asking where I got these. I purchased these at a local auction house that sells all of UPS's lost freight. It's one of the few places in the country that does this. I'm sorry I have your headers, but they were bought fair and square on my end. I'm assuming someone got the insurance payout on the headers from UPS, and if you didn't, it was because no insurance was purchased, but either way, the fight should be with UPS, and not with me.

Pretty bad when I when UPS can't find an item this big. Sure they where insured but still I lost 2 - 3 month before they paid me plus customer looses all the time waiting. I wish the guy good luck in the auction it this is the truth but please don't ship them UPS

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out what the guy has on ebay. A slew of items from pliers to wire cutters to electrical to headers. The guy has some sort of scam going with a UPS guy in on it.... He gets them, sells them and makes an extra 50k a year clear in his pocket would be my best guess!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out what the guy has on ebay. A slew of items from pliers to wire cutters to electrical to headers. The guy has some sort of scam going with a UPS guy in on it.... He gets them, sells them and makes an extra 50k a year clear in his pocket would be my best guess!

Dammm your right G I see all his other sales.

After seeing this I feel like making a new Ebay account just to bid and stiff em.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's a possibility. Or the guy might even work for UPS and take the items himself.

Contact him, get his information, and do some research.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am disgusted with UPS, they have lost alot of my Items to, I even purchased valve covers in the past from Mike Adams and they lost them, He had them do a trace and they found them sitting in a bin somewhere just waiting to show up on Ebay probably, but I did get them, after I purchased another set of valve covers, that blows. You don't know anymore who's scamming you, next it will be USPS.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dammm your right G I see all his other sales.

After seeing this I feel like making a new Ebay account just to bid and stiff em.

WOW look who the high bigger is now

Reaction score
If you can prove they are yours, Win the Ebay auctuion and charge back the PayPal or credit card and then present your case to them for a refund. You will also have his address if you win the auction. Don't tip the seller off that he has your stuff until you have them back. You can then find out where and how he got them or file against him for theft.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am disgusted with UPS, they have lost alot of my Items to, I even purchased valve covers in the past from Mike Adams and they lost them, He had them do a trace and they found them sitting in a bin somewhere just waiting to show up on Ebay probably, but I did get them, after I purchased another set of valve covers, that blows. You don't know anymore who's scamming you, next it will be USPS.

It this has happend to Mike numberous times, then it might be starting from his local UPS station.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-------------------------------------------------------------

WOW look who the high bigger is now

-------------------------------------------------------------

NEW USER AS OF 5/12/05

Go get em

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those were the headers that I purchased. I contacted the bidder yesterday asking where he got the headers and got no reply. It seems to me that if he were honest, he would have been upfront about how he aquired them. I just contacted ebay to let them know the situation.