My New Carbon Dash

PSiEK!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you meant "dash", it looks to be hydro-dipped. I say show pics when you install it!

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks great! :) Much better than any stick-on interior pieces. Don't forget to post some pics when it's intalled.

ksgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They did a great job on the hydro dipping. Should look amazing when installed!

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like. Is it darker in real life vs the pictures...seems a little light in color?
Yes it is darker. I took the pics holding a led workshop torch in one hand and an ipod touch in the other ;)

I got the window cowl done too but that is finished in gloss. All I can say on that is WOW! Even if you get one part done on the car, this is the piece to do. It makes the car look a million dollars :2tu:

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Farboy, this looks great. did you do such artistic work?

Had the work done by a company based in Poole, Dorset. The reason I used this company was they had a tank big enough to dip the whole dash.

They have asked me to Display my car on their stand at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year!

Just off to the garage now to re-fit the dash!

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok THE LONG AWAITED INTERIOR PICS!

Fitted a Honda S2000 Engine start button, what a PITA! The length of the engine start button is ridiclous, I had to cut the whole plug assembly off the back of the switch and bend the prongs at a 45% angle, I also wanted the button recessed, the diaimater of the button would not fit in the cigrette lighter hole so I had to grind it down to fit.

Fitted the Carbon dipped dash, also fitted a roll bar which originally was made by Autoform. Note this roll bar has been Highly modded to gain max seat position and allowing the use of the central storage box on the bulkhead. At first glances you think its stock then as you study the pics you will realise its not!

A massive thank you goes out to 'Neilsfishing' Who offered his services in helping me to mod the roll bar, Neil has an Engineering shop, where we spent a full day cutting, grinding, fitting, heating, wielding the roll bar in order to get it to fit correctly.

Cheers Neil :2tu:

carbon_bits_2013_004.JPG

Click on the first picture for the full album ;)

Last edited:

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the look of the hydro dipping. It is an awesome finish.

BTW... Where is that shifter from? I was looking for something with sneaky Pete but I can't seem to find one. That one would be perfect as I have an FE and it would match!

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the look of the hydro dipping. It is an awesome finish.

BTW... Where is that shifter from? I was looking for something with sneaky Pete but I can't seem to find one. That one would be perfect as I have an FE and it would match!
Contact MGW, they have them in various colour options however the brass insert may have a different thread! The OEM Shifter and the Hurst shifter have 1/2-20 threads, the MGW Cue ball shifter knobs come with a later thread for the Gen 3/4 cars (metric). Now you can do two things here, MGW sells an adapter shaft, but that will increase the knob height, OR you can do what I did, using a thread dye, just re-cut the thread in the cue ball to fit the stock shifter, it took less than 3 min. Job done, its not loose or wobbly. If your not confident doing this any local engineering shop will be able to do this on the spot.

Check out this thread :)
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/662241-My-New-Shifter-Knob?highlight=shift+knob

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth