My new ride!

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant believe it, it just doesnt click until I look out the window again and see it sitting in the drive. I drove 10 hours to Oklahoma to pick it up on saturday 08/15 and was greeted by pouring rain on delivery and half of the ride home. It was awful at first but then I realized it was ok, I had been so worried about getting it dirty or wrecking or driving through the rain. But suffering through rain on the way home and in the past week has made me realize it is still a car and made for that sort of thing. The ride home was very comfy compared to my daily vehicle which has a fairly harsh ride due to coilovers. No problems and it ran like a dream, what a fun way to spend 10 hours! I have been putting in as much seat time as possible recently and have burned through quite a bit of petrol, they should make this illegal it is so much fun. I still have not gotten a chance to get pictures up as the rain forcast continues till the weekend so I will post some older pics. I intend on joining the VCA asap and cant wait to get some warm sunny weather to do it some justice and give it a good detail. It has all of the goodies I wanted including bellanger headers, high flow cats, corsa exhaust, mgw short shifter and knob, Iforged Astras, smooth tubes and filters... that is all I have discovered so far as the seller had only owned the vehicle for a short while and the mods were done by the last owner so every day has been sort of a dicovery of something new. It didnt fit his tastes and he took quite a hit on selling it which seemed suspicious at first but everything checked out and the car is in great shape.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
M

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks! I did have a question for you guys... I have gotten this question from ppl several times so far this week and it really caught me off guard, I was wondering what some of you might say in response. " How much does that cost?" seems like such an obnoxious thing to ask and I dont want to be a **** but the only thing I can think to say is dollars and cents. I have ended up giving msrp so far but I cant imagine the motivation for a question like this.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
They mostly just don't know what else to say, maybe they think they are being nice, I usually just say "I don't have that much in it" which I don't but they can take that any way that they like. If someone is being a real ****, and I want to return the favor, I just tell them that it was almost as much as their house. They don't like that but oh well. It is a difficult question to know how to answer though.

OP
OP
M

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you very helpful threads, just what i was looking for. I might just stick with its a lease and let it go...

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It cost a few years of quality education, a respectable job and desire." Then change the subject by saying "And No you can't take it for a spin."

There's a nice long thread around here someplace about what to say to the question of cost..

Have fun!

=J

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to deflect that question unless it's a kid who seems honestly interested... There are tons of expensive cars around here so I normally just tell someone "less than that Bentley over there" or "it costs about the same as your dad's Porsche" or "ehhh, don't worry about it, your parents will be able to afford one for you..."

Drummerboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Motivated,

You just purchased Roger's (AKA Chipster on the VCA) former Car. He traded that ride plus cash for a Lamborghini Diablo from the owner you just bought it from a short while ago.

Try sending him a PM for more info.

- Rob

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Congrats!
2. Enter your vin on your profile!
3. Join the VCA
4. Go to garage and look again - close your eyes - pinch yourself - still there? Congrats again :)
5. Go for a drive and remember - keep matched good tires and never increase deceleration while turning the wheel.

Enjoy!
:drive:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharp car big Congrats !!! I really like the Rims . Hoping next year I can pick up a set . Black center and nice fat chrome lip looks sick on the Viper . I always just say when someone asks me how much they are around 100G new . Keep it Shiny side up :2tu::headbang:

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep. That's my old car. I figured the guy was going to try and sell it from the get go but oh well. Curious how much you paid for it. PM me if you want to. I owned that since December of 2005

There were 2 knobs with the car when I sold it. The one I had on and liked the most was a black 8ball looking Snake Oyl knob with a red logo inside and I also threw in the old MGW knob. It does NOT have an MGW short shifter but a B&M. Everything else is right.

And I dropped about $1350 last month on this car to get the second gear grind taken care of so it was in top shape.

Last edited:

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Motivated the GTS looks great. I definitely like the look of those wheels :2tu:

Its funny, I have also already had the price question brought up several times from people I don't know. My normal response has been "a couple of dollars" and then I just change the subject. Must just be something that comes with owning a car like this b/c I rarely get that with any of the other muscle cars that I own :dunno:

OP
OP
M

Motivated

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you have to go to get it?

Ended up going to tulsa OK, quite an adventure.

Thanks again guys, I plan on warming up to it very slowly. After all this waiting and searching would hate to be victim to the viper bite

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice! :2tu: When I purchased my red (fastest color) 2002 ACR I drove from south Florida to Menphis to pick it up pulling my enclosed car trailer (about 900 miles one way.) It rained most of the way home through Alabama and Georgia then I hit thick fog all the way though Florida at night. :( It was a long ride home but worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh