My new to me 94 RT/10

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just thought i'd say hi from drumheller alberta and post some pics of my new to me 94 RT/10 its in great condition and has A/C its got 50,100 miles on it and it came with both the hard and soft tops as well as aftermarket side windows that slide to the rear. ive had it for 2 weeks and gone to 2 car shows with it. Ive never seen another one at any of the shows for a while so its nice to take it out and show it off.

The only mod ive done is to change the 3 spoke wheels that i really really dont like for a stock set of 5 spokes off a later model viper.

Next mod will be K&N kit and some exhaust. Also get the sills repainted unless anyone has some tricks for the paint where the exhaust first comes to the sill, its really blackened the paint and is pitted.
One question ive got is what are smooth tubes? i hear it a lot on here. and is this a gen II car???

thanks and i hope to meet some of you and check out the great cars in the future.

the pics are in my front yard.

You must be registered for see images attach

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow..the fit and finish looks remarably good for a 1994..paint is excellent for the milage. you can get a red gen2 style hood to go along with the rims as well..Would look really sweet...

P)lease post more of the interior ...thanks

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase & good luck getting it to look just the way you want it to!!! Looks great... I personally love the 3 spokes on the original Vipers, but good choice of wheels too buddy! Be safe.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Smooth Tubes" are the black tubes that run from the air box to the intake manifold. When people do K&N filters they usually do the smooth tubes as well.

ront/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got to love the Gen 1's. Good luck with your new snake. I too added newer wheels(02') to my 94'. Smooth tubes are the aftermarket air tubes between the airboxes and the throttle bodies. They are less restrictive than the acordian style that are oem. Good for 10 hp from what I've read.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looks,but fair warning..you will be a Viper fan for life once bitten. But that's a good thing! :) I bought one just like it and it is my pride and joy. I built a new garage just for her and she makes me smile everytime i walk into the garage. When i start her up and put her tires on the pavement,i feel like everything is right with the world,and if that's not what driving a Viper is all about,you just don't know how to live in my opinion! Rumbling down a lonely highway ,feeling the power of your beast..there just ain't nothing that could compare. If that alone doesn't make your adrenilin start pumping and feed your hungry soul,you are missing out on something deep and primordal.Something hidden deep inside every man just scratching and begging to be let free!

For to settle only to exist and just to exist,is a prelude to non existence. Hear the beast,see the beast,feel the beast.Face the beast... grin into his snarling face! You then,will master the beast .He will then be your friend.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture. Notice the tubes are "Smooth."

CIMG0909.JPG

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments, I love the car, it has been my dream to own one since I was 12 when they first came out. So I saved and saved some more then I found what I feel was a good deal.

I've done the smooth tube mod to every car I own with cone filter on the end of it. Good for some better mileage if nothing else. I got an extra 100Km to a tank on my old cavalier after doing that.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Problem,just enjoy this rare feeling and remember american muscle is what makes true car nuts live. Their may be some more comfy and a few faster,but those cannot be afforded. Besides,ain't many who hold a light to a Dodge Viper and surely none that bring out the beast
! Have fun with the beast!

Reaction score
Congrats!
It's always nice looking at Vipers - it never gets old! I remember in the day when there was no other Viper than the Gen I and it was a remarkable car.

The torque, the sound, the fun of a Gen I roadster is amazing! Enjoy!! :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you win the car show? There is a 'posse' of Vipers in Red Deer and they usually attend the car show in that area with 4-6Vipers and SRT10 pickups. Join the VCA ([email protected]) Greg Weflen is our membership director of the Wsrtn Cda region. Check out the Canada western region forums for events etc. Join soon as the Viper Owners Invitation tickets take another price increase soon. You don't want to miss VOI 11. There'll be about 15 Vipers leaving Alberta to convoy to VOI. I have some Roe Silicone Smooth tubes (intake and vent tube) from my old GTS that I could sell you.

Congrats on your purchase. Have you changed out the Cats yet? I have a few other parts and could explain a modification or two (free) that would add a few more ponies for your car. PM me for more info.

I suggest that you contact Greg Phillips at Race City (Calgary race track) for some High Performance Driving Instructions at the track. He has the fastest street tire time at Race City in his stock 09 ACR. His ID is Fireball here on the Forums.

Ted

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drumheller huh... there should be a red/silver stripes GTS running around those parts if the service manager at the local Dodge dealership that I met in 2002 still works there that is :)
Car looks great, enjoy her to the fullest!

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no i didn't win any prizes at the car show. heck i was the only viper there.

I haven't changed out the cat's yet should i just ditch them completely?

I used to race hobby stocks at race city with greg, i would love to get this thing on the track for some timed laps, i've probably done 200 or so laps at that track in my stock car.

I really enjoy driving this car, i've had it for 3 weeks and put 600 miles on it, friday and saturday only.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no i didn't win any prizes at the car show. heck i was the only viper there.

I haven't changed out the cat's yet should i just ditch them completely?

I used to race hobby stocks at race city with greg, i would love to get this thing on the track for some timed laps, i've probably done 200 or so laps at that track in my stock car.

I really enjoy driving this car, i've had it for 3 weeks and put 600 miles on it, friday and saturday only.

I had the only Viper at the Lakers Car show when I took my 2000 ACR there and got the First place for 2000 and up car class. Z06 300s, etc all lost out. Important to the value if you ever want to sell or have to deal with insurance. 10 year old car gets 1st place at a car show kinda shows excellent condition.

Greg has been hosting a Badlands and track day event each spring since he joined the Viper Club 2 year ago. Join the club now, sign up for VOI and you'll see Greg flying past you on the Miller motorsport park in Oct?

Price of membership will be saved (double saving if you're a couple) with you VOI ticket. Join up.

3 weeks? You missed the Wstrn Cda Kelowna Wine Tour and AutoX weekend before last? Would have gotten you 1300 miles in one weekend. I put on 1,000 miles that weekend, but I won!!!

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"I haven't changed out the cat's yet should i just ditch them completely?"

I could write you an Illustrated Upgrade on how to build some non=foulers to trick the computer into thinking that the Cats are still on the car and working properly or you could buy some "Cat simms".

I recommend complete removal, but you may get a gas smell and your car will be a lot louder. Hi-flow Cats work nearly as well as no cats nowadays though. You could call JonB for prices.

Ted

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Side sills look like typical cat burn. High flos are the way to go to eliminate the problem and stay legal in states where they still do sniff tests.

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome ride and great deal on the purchase! I too have a 94 and love it! Nice ride man'

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put another 200 miles on it today, This car is so fun to drive.:D

The cats will be removed when i pull off the side sills to get them painted here they don't do any sniff tests on anything.

It only scares me to drive on rutted roads because it wanders a lil bit so I have to keep it around 70-75 is decent. I got it up to 160 on a nice stretch on my way home that was cool.

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just be careful around corners for a while! I was warned a lot about that before buying mine. And when I did and thought what's the big deal and let's say just get a chance to know your car a lot more before going on curvey roads! Lol

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some interior shots for twister.

Nice interior...did they come in red interior? I was thinking of installing a red interior trim kit,but this looks to be painted and i like it a lot. May need to rethink my trim kit deal.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see you on saturday i hope?We will be out in full force for the mopar show and can always use another viper or two.lolOh and don't worry about red deers team yellow.Now the colors are all even up since you bring another red into the group.LOL

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. I do plan on going the only thing that might stop me would be a bad rain storm on friday night, there is a bunch of construction on the highway in front of my house so it would be a big mud pit. I hope it stays away, so far its been good, only 2 small showers today.

Ill see you on saturday. And im gonna hope for some luck because im leaving the top at home!!!

OP
OP
R

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an updated pic of my baby. Since I bought it I have installed a Belanger cat back system and removed the cats. Put on a set of smooth tubes, Got the side sills repainted and Got a beautiful set of 5 spokes for it with new Kuhmo's. Now its perfect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave