My SC Project is FINALLY Done (no more creampuff)!!!!!!

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it took almost six months to complete (I originally figured about a month :bonker: )

Here's a list of the mods:

DLM SC package
708 cam
BTR Stage II heads
Ross forged pistons
Balanced motor
Vec-2
Air/air intercooler
Aeromotive fuel system for additional injectors
SPEC III clutch
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
BTR 1000 hp half shafts
ACR adjustable Koni shocks
Belanger headers
High flow RT cats
Corsa cat-back
Boost gauge
Wideband gauge
Fuel pressure gauge
Autoform rollbar
oh, and yellow powder coated bling :nana:
etc.......

I want to thank all of you guys/gals that helped me during the process. You guys rock!!!! :2tu:

Here are some photos, there are bigger ones in my gallery....

3896P3240001-med.jpg

3896P4080004-med.jpg

3896P4080003-med.jpg

As of now, I only have about 250 miles on her since the work so I'm taking it easy on the motor, but even with staying low in the RPM range I can tell it's gonna make some BIG power.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim - That looks awesome!!!

Can't tell from the pics, but you might want to cap the water inj bungs in the Y pipe. :)

Truly a work of art. Nice work! Can't wait to hear what the #'s are on this thing. I'm guessing 800-950 rwhp. :)

JD

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is GORGEOUS! W-O-W.

question: most blown cars i see have aftermarket fuel rails on top of the intake manifold. yours however does not. did you feel these were unnecessary, or did you do something different?

PS - i really like the NACA duct air deflector.

OP
OP
J

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim - That looks awesome!!!

Can't tell from the pics, but you might want to cap the water inj bungs in the Y pipe. :)

Truly a work of art. Nice work! Can't wait to hear what the #'s are on this thing. I'm guessing 800-950 rwhp. :)

JD

LOL!!!! Hey JD, Yes they have plugs in them :buttkick:

Thanks for all your help, I couldn't have done it without you!

When is the big race?

OP
OP
J

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is GORGEOUS! W-O-W.

question: most blown cars i see have aftermarket fuel rails on top of the intake manifold. yours however does not. did you feel these were unnecessary, or did you do something different?

Thanks for the complements. The four additional injectors in the Y-pipe before the throttle bodies, in-line with the Aeromotive fuel pump, provide the extra fuel that is needed for the 15 to 16 psi of boost. I retained the stock injectors; either way would work though.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
that is GORGEOUS! W-O-W.

Thanks for the complements. The four additional injectors in the Y-pipe before the throttle bodies, in-line with the Aeromotive fuel pump, provide the extra fuel that is needed for the 15 to 16 psi of boost. I retained the stock injectors; either way would work though.

Looks fantastic. Do the four injectors prior to the throttle bodies distribute fuel evenly across all cylinders?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my experience (over 13k DLM Supercharged miles), there were never any issues with fuel distribution. I would read the plugs after 1/4 mile runs and they would all be quite good. it isn't an exact science when you do TB injection, but like NOS, it works well.

JD

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its gotta be simliar to nos id assume.

and it DOES look better with the extra injectors in the tubes.. :)

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: That looks like a really nice setup. I got all kinds of flak out here when I did my setup, because i did the S/C before i did the brakes upgrade. They all said you should work on making it stop faster, before you make it go faster. I hope you have done some brake mods. Looks great, except for the yellow paint job. ;-)

S

SUN RA KAT

Beautiful Yellow monster! :2tu:

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

My Viper is almost ready. Quality work can never be rushed. I hope to be on the road by the end of this month.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Jim that sux it is 100F every day now you are done with that monster. Guess you will be nocturnal for four months or so. But heck, if you can tune a bar of boost into that thing with these ambients you will be smoking when fall/winter come back! You still have the 3.55s in the car?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! I love my DLM car too. Be careful of the hiflow cats, Doug told me they would be toast very quick & come out in pieces thru the tailpipe.

Work of art!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jim, looks fantastic....

I think that hone plate really helps.....also liked those ross pistons. around 60 grams lighter.

REALLY REALLY nice job....

p.s. thanks for the tranny manual

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice, about how much money do you have into that upgrade?

OP
OP
J

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Jim that sux it is 100F every day now you are done with that monster. Guess you will be nocturnal for four months or so. But heck, if you can tune a bar of boost into that thing with these ambients you will be smoking when fall/winter come back! You still have the 3.55s in the car?

I hear ya Michael, it's too bad it wasn't done a couple of months earlier. Oh well, early morning jaunts are better than nothing. :laugh: Although, The Ron Davis radiator does keep things pretty cool though.

No more 3.55's, went back to the 3.07's.

OP
OP
J

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! I love my DLM car too. Be careful of the hiflow cats, Doug told me they would be toast very quick & come out in pieces thru the tailpipe.

Work of art!

AJT,
Good point, I was worried about that. After a ride today, the side sills were significantly hotter than before.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Test" pipes sound wicked!

I only put my hiflows in for inspection. I can idle out of my neighborhood & no problems with sound.

Andy

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my High-Flow cats off as it seems everyone recommends, but now the car backfires everytime you let off, and you smell fuel all the time??? Dan Cragin at DC Motorsports told me I should not have taken them off, and Sean Roe told me I should??? Dan Cragin says there is a new Random Tech Hi-flow cat that is not ceramic, that is supposed to be better. Anybody know if they are any good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger