My Viper's counterpart...Jr. Viper

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper\'s counterpart...Jr. Viper

Jr. Viper a 2004 Neon SRT4 ... Stage 3 - 400HP and weighs a mere 2880 pounds, The road racing(Sebring,Homestead and Moroso) car

"From the onset, employees from these two groups worked together to create a car that reflects our motorsports heritage, both from grassroots Neon ACR racing and the professional success of our Viper program," said John Fernandez, Director - Performance Vehicle Operations.The stock 223 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque at the wheels SRT-4 is faster to reach 60 mph and the 1/4 mile than many acclaimed sports cars that cost much more, including the Porsche Boxster S, Beetle Turbo S, Matrix MRS, and the new, hyped-up Nissan 350Z.

2548DSCN0066-med.JPG

2548DSCN0070-med.JPG

2548DSCN0070-med.JPG

The Dragstrip Viper [email protected] on 12/4/04

2548blanding2-med.jpg

2548104_5420-med.JPG

Cudaman :usa:

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My Viper\'s counterpart...Jr. Viper

Not TOO Bad, but please don't call it a Jr. Viper. Everyone knows it is a worked over Neon.

Cool that the paint jobs match, though.

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Cool! Read lots of srt-4 putting down crazy numbers. Heard the main problem is front wheel traction? I too just got my evo back with few mods and it's putting down 298whp/306wtq on mustang dyno. These small cars are fun daily driver.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what's it like steering a car that puts the kind of power through the front wheels?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the flame-stripes... gotta go

nice cars though

LOL I thought the same thing when I first saw Ward's Viper years ago. But that's Ward's mark. I'm waiting to see those flames on his S7 someday.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This Dodge SRT4 Neon weighs 600 lbs less than a Gen 1 Viper and has 6 less cylinders than its V10 counterpart. It has a stock from the factor motor, it comes from the factory with forged pistons and forged rods, and produces the same power as a Gen 1 in its stock hp numbers, although my Neon has a Stage 3( Mopar perfomance mods added to it, bigger Turbo, larger throttle body, larger intercooler.

It is as much fun to drive as the Viper, with a whole different feel being a front wheel drive car.

I ran a BMW E45 with some heavy mods and spanked it good by at least 7 car lenghts (although the driver would only admit to 3 or 4 .... he was a good guy) on a private track. http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288900

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very cool. My brother has a modded SRT4, puts a hurtin' on lots of people that don't expect it too! :D

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not TOO Bad, but please don't call it a Jr. Viper. Everyone knows it is a worked over Neon.

You have you been beatin' by one or two of them haven't you?
Why be so negative of calling it a Jr.Viper. That's just what it is supposed to market too, get those that don't have Viper $$ in the door, until they can work up to a Viper.
Obviously, not Cudaman's situation, but pretty normal! :2tu:

SRT4 are insane cars for the $$ and keep it in the family! :usa:

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cuda,

Nice SRT-4. I had one as a daily driver for 50,000 miles and had kept it completely stock. Never even changed to agressive brake pads. My goal was learning front wheel drive on a road course and the SRT-4 was a great and reliable machine with no problems.

We better see you with only 3 wheels on the ground through all the corners :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron I was very impressed by this little car ....it's primary purpose is to track it. I went with a good friend of mine around Sebring with his a stage 3, it was so much fun. Front wheel cars doing a serious road course are incredible, it is like a stunt car in the movies. Best part is, cost to repair or upgrade is VERY inexpensive compared to my Viper.

This same friend out ran almost every Viper(except one with HEAVY mods) and all Vettes even Z 06s with his SRT.

Buckeye the reason I call it my Jr. Viper is, because it is so fast and engineer by many of the same team....SRT.

snampro...it is alot of fun....it feels totally different than the Viper. I like my cars to be different than each other. I have some extreme cars too.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have you been beatin' by one or two of them haven't you?
Why be so negative of calling it a Jr.Viper. That's just what it is supposed to market too, get those that don't have Viper $$ in the door, until they can work up to a Viper.
Obviously, not Cudaman's situation, but pretty normal! :2tu:

SRT4 are insane cars for the $$ and keep it in the family! :usa:

Not saying it isn't a neat car - or dicounting it. It should be fun and I know that SRT makes it.
But, my sisters Cobalt SS is not a Jr. Z06...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not saying it isn't a neat car - or dicounting it. It should be fun and I know that SRT makes it.

Gotcha!
Would you consider the Z28 a Jr Vette? And the Cobalt a Jr. Z28? :D

So then we'd be looking at a Jr. Jr. Z06!
LOL

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gotcha!

LOL

:bonker: :eek: :eek: :D

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gotcha!

LOL

I wasn't trying to be a ****, I think Cuda is going to really enjoy that SRT-4.
But, as a Viper owner, I do not think that an SRT-4 is a "JR. Viper" and I cringe at the thought of clumping them together as well. I have seen that on an SRT-4 tag and thought "you wish". But, it is not just at the SRT-4, I would cringe at "check out my limo-viper, a 300 C SRT-8" or "check out my SUViper, a jeep SRT-8"... Get the picture?

:bonker: :eek: :eek: :D

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron I was very impressed by this little car ....it's primary purpose is to track it. I went with a good friend of mine around Sebring with his a stage 3, it was so much fun. Front wheel cars doing a serious road course are incredible, it is like a stunt car in the movies. Best part is, cost to repair or upgrade is VERY inexpensive compared to my Viper.

This same friend out ran almost every Viper(except one with HEAVY mods) and all Vettes even Z 06s with his SRT.

Buckeye the reason I call it my Jr. Viper is, because it is so fast and engineer by many of the same team....SRT.

snampro...it is alot of fun....it feels totally different than the Viper. I like my cars to be different than each other. I have some extreme cars too.

Extreme would be a understatement. I think the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo qualifies as "Freak" Man what an awesome car.

Ward you need to update your sig. :D I agree the SRT4 is a Jr. Viper and one heck of a fun car to drive.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, yes, I know. And now for that lapse, you owe me a ride in the S7 :p

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone who owns a TT-S7 and one hell of a fast rt/10 can designate the Neon as a Jr Viper and all of us little peons will live by it.

Nice Jr Viper Ward!!! :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62