My wife asked me and said. Regarding the gen V

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife:Is that car more comfortable than yours (gen-2). BTW I hate riding in it. Noisy,cramped,uncomfortable,hot.........Me after having driven both at Charlotte no faster than a skateboard. Honestly not really.Its got a nicer interior and seems smoother....... Being that its less expensive to get a different car than a different wife I got a used F car(575M). Do I miss the V car? Hell yes! By agreement I get to have one at a time besides my pu truck. I miss the community but have no regrets. Wife is happy. Spent less money than a new V car. GTS Bruce

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife:Is that car more comfortable than yours (gen-2). BTW I hate riding in it. Noisy,cramped,uncomfortable,hot.........Me after having driven both at Charlotte no faster than a skateboard. Honestly not really.Its got a nicer interior and seems smoother....... Being that its less expensive to get a different car than a different wife I got a used F car(575M). Do I miss the V car? Hell yes! By agreement I get to have one at a time besides my pu truck. I miss the community but have no regrets. Wife is happy. Spent less money than a new V car. GTS Bruce

It's all about HAPPINESS brother! As long as both of you are in that same space - all is good in the world. Ultimately, we are just talking about cars. Yes, they certainly stir primitive emotions regarding being on the edge and
others taking notice but really - everyday life is a bit deeper than that. The 575M makes you smile and that is cool. My wife does like my Gen IV and complains about the ride but she is glad that I am happy (that is very important to her and yet another reason why I married her). You are in a good place Bruce!! :D

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not my wife prefers to ride In the Viper over the cushy Callaway with satellite radio you can actually hear and it's smooth ride and roomy interior.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My missus, is not keen on the Viper as Its too loud and I drive it too fast! She does not feel in control.

Suites me fine, I get to enjoy the car without her :D

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hated my Gen IV from the first time I showed her a picture of it. Then I made the mistake of firing it up in our enclosed parking garage and gave it a loud rev in front of her, and she hated it more. But at least she liked the appearance of it more than in pictures. She hates anything that draws attention, and boy does this thing draw a crowd! In the end it works out well as she knows that cars (and this Viper) equal happiness to me so she lets me have it, and I get to take my car buddies for drives or go on solo cruises without hearing her complain the whole time from the passenger seat. It would be nice to be able for her to enjoy cars with me a bit too though.....

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife never drives my Viper and I don't think she likes the sound of it

I have a loud exhaust with lots of decel poping so most times I do a Viper

event or cruze I drive alone and she takes her own Viper!

Skeeter

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hated my Gen IV from the first time I showed her a picture of it. Then I made the mistake of firing it up in our enclosed parking garage and gave it a loud rev in front of her, and she hated it more. But at least she liked the appearance of it more than in pictures. She hates anything that draws attention, and boy does this thing draw a crowd! In the end it works out well as she knows that cars (and this Viper) equal happiness to me so she lets me have it, and I get to take my car buddies for drives or go on solo cruises without hearing her complain the whole time from the passenger seat. It would be nice to be able for her to enjoy cars with me a bit too though.....
I was looking for a new car last year. We went and drove a few. Looked at Porsches and an M5. Her comment about the M5, "It doesn't look like a $100k car"

Once she saw the Gen V, she said "That is it" and now, we wait... She wants to learn how to drive it, but she doesn't have a whole lot of interest in driving it every day.

djviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get back to us after you've had that v12 Ferrari serviced a few times and let us know how much "less expensive" it is. ;)

viper450

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any girlfriend or wife who does'nt like your car.................send them to Match.com and it will no longer be a concern in the future :headbang:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife avoids almost all opportunities I present to drive my Viper because she doesn't want the attention. Eventually, I prevail and she goes off for a bit on her own. I hang around the windows so I can see her coming up the driveway coming back. She ALWAYS has a big grin on her face!

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife always tries to have a conversation with me when I'm driving the Viper... I turn to her and say in a loud voice... I can't hear what you are saying over the exhaust. She doesn't want to yell...so she stops talking. Perfection. Probably why I put an exhaust on our Jeep SRT8...Ha!

I think that's why she doesn't like driving in the Viper. Plus I drive very agressively in it... I can't help myself.

GTS Bruce, congrats on the F car. Post up some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My wife is not fond of the noise or the ride of the ACR, but she says she knows I love the car, and since she loves me too , it makes her happy to see me so happy. She is also the one who encouraged me to go racing 30+ years ago! Great wife , great cars, I have nothing in life to complain about !!!

V

Venomiss

Maybe this would make a good subject for a future Viper Magazine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife hates how loud the TT-GTS is (no mufflers or cats). But she doesn't mind the '08 as it's stock with just a tune and ported intake. As much as I wanted a '13 base, I will wait for the ACR to see if it has the performance I wanted from the Gen 5 (hope it gets 700hp). The '08 feels like a **** after driving the TT-GTS.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here, too loud, to bumpy, too fast only because it is hard to control myself. She likes to look at them, just not here them. As long as I promise to keep one of the toys not loud, I'm good. She knows I love them and when I come back from driving I'm not grumpy.