My Workshop was broken into !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The workshop I have was broken into Saturday night. Luckily nothing was missing. They A holes cut through the door with a cutting torch. The door to my car was ajar also. I can't even Lcok it back until they fix it which will be Wen. What supprises me is that nothing was missing. I had several sets of wheels and tires, 2 tool chest, several smaller tool boxes, GTS-r engines and just about anything else you can think of stored in there.

The worst part is that I am out of town and cant do anything about it till I get home. This is the second time one of my shops have been broken into. The 1st time they stole everything in the shop which took an 18 wheeler to haul it away!

I hope the little Homos and thier families die painfully!!!!!!!!

Ok. I got it out and now I feel a little better. :curse:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< What supprises me is that nothing was missing. >>

sounds like something scared them off. sorry to hear about all that. sounds like you were pretty lucky though, your losses could have been ALOT greater.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i would bank on the earlier suggestion that they must have gotten scared off. It doesnt seem likely that after breaking and entering and taking all this risk, they would just leave empty handed. what would that accomplish really. obviously you would figure if in their shoes the owner would beef up security immediateltly to prevent the same occurance. thank your lucky stars nothing else was taken.

OP
OP
C

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got an alarm, but it is not installed yet. Another thing that ****** me off is that the cops would not even check for fingerprints on the stuff they obviously fooled with.

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's the time of the year for loser's looking for quick cash....alarm will greatly reduce chance of theft(alarm co. sign's alone do wonders)....my house was robbed 3 yrs ago this week;no fingerprints taken either....too much paperwork i guess! lol

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Have a hollow door made, with a flush port on top. That way, you can fill it with acetylene, and when they try and torch it next time, their torch kit will have a mysterious explosion. Not your fault.

Seriously though, you can install video cameras, triggered by motion detectors. Put cameras inside and outside, tie them together with a screen splitter, so you can record on only one tape. Have one recorder in an obvious location, and have one tape recorder that's remotely located. All the above is not as expensive as getting cleaned out, with no chance at recovery!

Infrared lighting gives no hint that its there, but helps the camera images tremendously at night.

OP
OP
C

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have seriously thought about ***** traps but my car is too close to the door for almost anything that goes boom. The door is a garage door also. Also it would have to be an "accident" on their part. I do plan to install a camera when I get home but I won't be home until the middle of Jan. I am just worried about it until I get home.

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to ask.
Being that your shop was broken into previously, why did you not install a security camera?

I would place cameras outside (to get their license numbers) and inside the shop.

My buddy has a Baskin Robbins icecream shop in los angeles.
He installed a security camera system with 5 cameras, which transmit to the internet.
He can login from any Pc with a user/password and check see a live shot of what's going on.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
security cameras are ok but not the best. i have a buddy with a transmission shop that bought a brand new flat bed tow truck, 250k for it!!! NICE. he had it in his lot pulled tight to the front of the building blocking the garage doors. cameras had been recording on a 48 hour loop to prevent anything from happening with it or the shop. only thing it caught were a couple of high tech professional thieves gaining access to this tow truck and having it off the lot in under one minute flat. i say its time for a good alarm system in place, better window and door protection and even a well lighted exterior grounds can be plenty of prevention. many thieves are reluctant to be standing in a well lit lot blow torching away at a door when all can see. i pay roughly 30/month to alarm my house with 400 installed system monitoring fire and police depts in the event of either emergency. why the hell dont you do the same. seems almost dumb not to. people today are nuts period. the added expense now pays off 10 fold quick. and the police will not dust prints for a petty offense such as this. remember nothing was taken so no need to do more than make a report and perhaps tell you they plan on stepping up patrols in your area now, which is BS.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A cutting torch, jeepers. Even a security door will give way to a cutting torch. A puckup truck backed up to the door without a battery may be your only hope of true security. Sounds like a rough neighborhood.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I have seriously thought about ***** traps >>

OR...

9192pic.jpg

Unless you believe the liberal hype that guns jump around by themselves and shoot people, a stack of firearms in your house when you're not there is not going to do anything for you. A dog on the other hand can more or less figure out that strangers are a bad thing and worth eating as a midnight snack.

As for ***** traps, if it can be proved that you set the traps, the thieves can sue you and the cops will throw ur @$$ in jail. Sad but true.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cgmaster,
I am so sorry to hear the bad news! My house was broken into twice within a week, so I know how you feel. They came back the second time to steal what ever they did not the first time. Please be ready because they might come back. Hope you will have some big supprises for them. I hate those thiefs!

OP
OP
C

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to ask.
Being that your shop was broken into previously, why did you not install a security camera?

I would place cameras outside (to get their license numbers) and inside the shop.

My buddy has a Baskin Robbins icecream shop in los angeles.
He installed a security camera system with 5 cameras, which transmit to the internet.
He can login from any Pc with a user/password and check see a live shot of what's going on.

Previously another shop was broken into at my mothers place. It is in the country with the closest neighbors over 2 miles away. This one is near my house and right on HWY 90 in the middle of town and a decent neighborhood. It is well lit and the only door is visible from the HWY. Cameras are going in soon even though I am planning to build a new shop in Jan because this one is way too small. My new shop will be much more secure! I already have plans for its security!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth