Myrtle Beach Gathering

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to get any of us Carolina members to meet up.
Anyone interested in maybe doing a weekend meet maybe in April or May in Myrtle Beach? A little car talk and also a little get away for those who need a break :)
Or is everyone scared to put miles on their cars? :dunno:

Steve

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get you in touch with the locals there if you want to set something up...

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get you in touch with the locals there if you want to set something up...

Sounds good, but you would think more than just locals would be interested- which is why suggested Myrtle Beach.
Is it that the club members are not interested in any events unless they get the club to pay for it? :dunno: Shame to be rockin the cars and not have funds to go out of town :drive:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the primary issues are (1) that the membership is spread pretty thin around the Carolinas (as opposed to a concentration, such as Georgia region which has 50% of their owners in the Atlanta area), and (2) the spread-out membership has a diverse set of interests (some are track-only, some are garage queens only, etc.), which further subdivides the members in particular areas. We have some events lined up (official and unofficial, soon to be posted) which some Viper owners will already be attending, so it'll be easier to get out numbers to any of these (which include cruises, drags, and track).

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to get any of us Carolina members to meet up.
Anyone interested in maybe doing a weekend meet maybe in April or May in Myrtle Beach? A little car talk and also a little get away for those who need a break :)
Or is everyone scared to put miles on their cars? :dunno:

Steve

I have actually been talking to a few other people about doing this as well! I was thinking about trying to start something like Bike Week down there. PM me and we can work out some details as I know about 5 other owners from the Mid-Atlantic who are already intersted in doing a weekend down there.

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cars are made for driving! My main concern is having to park the car in strange places and end up getting door dings or getting the car keyed, etc... :crazy2:

Good point, but that can happen anywhere. Generally for car gatherings all the cars are parked together and people won't mess with them. But we could look into a hotel with monitored parking or one that will give us our own secure area.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, if you put some details together, I can send it out to the membership for interest, would be cool to have a yearly event there!

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, if you put some details together, I can send it out to the membership for interest, would be cool to have a yearly event there!

It would. Just need an idea of how many people would be interested. Maybe you could just send out a general interest question to the members and ask them to post on this thread if interested or contact me via PM. Honestly I don't mind working on it, but I don't want to waste my time if we don't have at least a dozen people or so interested.
Thanks.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good, we will include that in the next update to the membership, so we can see what kind of interest we can get.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear, hope we get some more responses after the latest club update goes out.

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounding good. Keep posting if interested. Was originally thinking spring time, but I know some people can't make that time frame. So still up in the air. For those who are interested but can't post here send am email to [email protected] and I'll put you down as interested. Thanks

Lets start a list of interested people, where from,how many people they will probably have, and what car(s):

1. 3SXVPR Charlotte 2 '08 Coupe
etc.

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounding good. Keep posting if interested. Was originally thinking spring time, but I know some people can't make that time frame. So still up in the air. For those who are interested but can't post here send am email to [email protected] and I'll put you down as interested. Thanks

Lets start a list of interested people, where from,how many people they will probably have, and what car(s):

2.Venomred Charleston 1 '08 Coupe
etc.

Keep 'em coming :)

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can add these names from the Virginia Beach area...

jrod '01 Bumblebee
dodgefever '99 Silver GTS
vipercrazy '97 B/W GTS
highflyu2 '01 Red/Silver GTS
coons691 '03 SRT10 Black
hemixRT10 '00 Black ACR
jaymitch '97 B/W GTS
Randysteck '08 Red SRT10
Leeland '98 Silver GTS

More to come....

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2.Venomred Charleston 1 '08 Coupe
3.alpine7822 - 04 black Mamba - 2 (maybe more)
4.ACR2000GTS- 02'ACR 2 people, possibly birng the 94' RT as well.
5.jrod '01 Bumblebee Virginia Beach area
6.dodgefever '99 Silver GTS Virginia Beach area
7.vipercrazy '97 B/W GTS Virginia Beach area
8.highflyu2 '01 Red/Silver GTS Virginia Beach area
9.coons691 '03 SRT10 Black Virginia Beach area
10.hemixRT10 '00 Black ACR Virginia Beach area
11.jaymitch '97 B/W GTS Virginia Beach area
12.Randysteck '08 Red SRT10 Virginia Beach area
13.Leeland '98 Silver GTS Virginia Beach area
14.EMnuke123
15.2MANYTOYS
16.99 R/T 10
17.bmw2nv2000

Looking good so far :) Feel free to add your name to the list. If could put name, car, where from, and how many

Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it should be a weekend thing, like a mini VOI. They have bike week...why not Viper Weekend?

That's what I was thinking too.
Some people arrive in Friday- do dinner and hang out.
Saturday- hang out, cruise, maybe do an event, lunch dinner, maybe something else.
Sunday- meet up for breakfast, hang out for those who want to, say goodbyes.

Always seems to be a good combination.

Maybe even throw in a ******* car show if a certain person from Georgia makes it :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth