NARRA schedule question

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just looking at the schedule and noticed that the event at Mosport isn't listed any longer, what happened?

Being Canadian I was looking forward to heading up there for the event...:(

KWilliams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortuneatley, Mosport has been dropped from the '09 NARRA schedule. We know our Canadian friends are dissapointed and we are as well. The costs to put on events at premium tracks are quite high and the soft economy is affecting us all.

We enjoy the Canadian hospitality and look forward to returning. Canada is a great motorsport market.

We are working to replace the July event so stay tuned.

Check NARRA Online for updates.

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: NARRA schedule question/NARRA Listens

Mosport is a great track but Viper Days attendees voiced their strong desire to stay in the US this year. NARRA listened so look for an update on a new track to replace Mosport.

OP
OP
W

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking forward to this one because it would be a trip home. Lot of friends and relatives were planning on coming by to watch.

But understand the reasons for cancelling.

Hoping the replacement track will be easy driving distance from ATL, since I have the time off... ;)

KWilliams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the tracks we are considering is very doable from Atlanta. It's too early to announce anything but it looks promising.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
What's the cost per event?

Digging up an old thread...What IS the cost anyways. NARRA online doesn't say. If it's not too crazy, I'll go to TWS in August and see if I got anything for Fastzilla and his ACR:D

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it is around $ 700.00 per event, plus associated costs. Don't take my word for it...contact the folks at NARRA.
I only wish the costs were more in line with other promotors.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Ok,I called NARRA and the cost for the August event at TWS is $595 for the 2 days. Then I get a $50 VCA discount, and a $100 1st time discount. So that's not too bad. Should be fun, as I have never tracked an 800 hp car before.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was all set to be a first time participant at the B.I.R. event but they canceled it. :mad:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the cost per event?

Just looked up the cost on the NARRA page to race @ Gingerman = $ 950.00 for a race weekend. That's alot of quarters..
I would love to race in this series but not at this price.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, Valid points, I intially felt the same until I attended other events and it all made sense after being with other groups.

Challenge Series is $595.00 for the entire weekend (+ VCA Discount) Saturday/Sunday this inlcudes in class room instruction, plus a ton of track time.

Some of the other points: Track Side Service if there is a problem your car is not down for the weekend, we also have three Professional Drivers available for instruction this year as well as other instructors for learning car control:

Tommy Archer
Neil Hannamon
Cinid Lux

The Red Race group wheel to wheel is $950.00 and this includes practice/practice/qualifying/race, Sunday field is inverted. I know the series costs more than the SCCA/NASA events but to me having clean laps, and a ton of track time, and enjoying the time spent with friends is priceless, and is worth the extra money.
We would enjoy having you and others join us.

Sebring was a blast this past weekend. I enjoyed whipping up on the Ferrari and Porsche

Katz_on_Grid.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456