Need a GTS looked at in Dallas

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also going to post this in the Texas region forums as well. I am hoping that somebody can go look at a 01 GTS for me. The car is located at Volvo of Dallas-2900 I-35 in Carrollton.
The car was in an accident and I want to make sure it would be worth it to send a tech to inspect it for me but I would like somebody to go look at it first and tell me what they think. The car was hit in the front and the front fascia and hood have been replaced and that is it. I am waiting for the body shop receipts now.
I have already talked to 2 salesmen there and they said it would be alright if somebody inspected the car for me.
If somebody can help me out, I will send you a big block of fresh Wisconsin cheese for your time. :D

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith Laxon at Musclehead, Inc. is not far from there. He is my viper tech and he's good. Once you get the body shop receipts it would just be best to have a tech inspect it. What body shop repaired it?

DFW GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't found anyone to look at the car for you yet, I will do it. I have rebuilt three wrecked Vipers (all front end hits) so I am familiar with what to look for.

By the way I saw the car you are inquiring about posted on Craigslist - it looks presentable in the photos but the seller is asking more than I would think a salvage title GTS is worth in the current market.

hardtop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the car that hit a pole on 114.It wasn't a that bad of a hit.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx guys but even before I read this thread and checked my PM's, I decided to take a pass on the car. Something wasn't right. One salesman said just the hood and fascia were replaced then another said the front wheels were replaced as well. Plus, after I talked to somebody on Sat. they raised the price 2K. I never did get the body shop receipts and nobody at the dealer knew exactly what was damaged. No thanx! Glad they sold it but my gut told me to pass on it.
I am going to buying a SG/SS this Spring from somebody in Illinois but my wife wants me check others as well and if I find a better deal to save money, she is all for that. This car seemed like that but once I found out a few about the car, I turned around and ran.