Need a new crank/best place to purchase??

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,
To make a long story short, my crank is damaged due to the balancer/hub coming loose and damaging the snout of the crank. The bolt was also cross threaded into the crank which may have been done at the factory. Who should I get the new crank from?? I am concerned about looking for a good used one unless someone has one thats in great shape and confident its good. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

God Bless,
Keith

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price of a NEW one from Dodge will kill you!!!

Get a stock crank from one of the major tuners that do 542 stroker motors. 510 strokers use the stock crank. Call [******], LPE, etc. Have the crank checked and balanced before installation (minimal cost).

Now is the time to do a 510 or 542 stroker. :eek:

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Henry Velasco (Yes, the guy who builds top fuel cranks). He does Viper cranks and I know he has a couple of blanks in stock.

Like Anthony - 98 said, if your going to pay for a crank, you might has well make it a stroker :2tu:

OP
OP
M

MKB96Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, who do I call for a stroker crank?
You mentioned Henry Velasco? How do I get in contact with him?

Thanks again,
Keith

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stroker crank would be the way to go.
When you do that, do you change the pistons or the rods to compensate for the extra stroke? Pistons would be my guess.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy a srt crank, direct bolt in, from arrow racing for $1500. I would also recommend Ringgold Dodge, Mike Robbins.

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What can you do to make sure that the balancer does not come loose? I have heard of a few problems with the balancers coming loose.

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know you can buy a good used crank from arrow, i called them last fall as i have one with the same snout problem at the time they wanted 900.00 so 1000.00 for new seems like a bargin. Jerry

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my new (used) crank from Arrow! They also have stroker cranks for not much more than used stock cranks.

I would definitely call them, Todd at Arrow is a great guy and very helpful. If you got a stroker crank they can help you with pistons and new piston rods as well as anything else.

Ed

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called, Arrow has nothing right now.
Any other suggestions?

I know Scott (Vipermed) at Elite Motor Sports had some as well when I was looking. Might want to give him a shout.

Ed

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some guy was selling his kit a while back on here. IT was a brand new 542 Stroker Kit from Crower. Be warned its quite pricey. I tried to search for his post, but I remember he is a REGULAR here. Hopefully he will see this and respond.

Jon

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just talked to todd at arrow last week and he had crank for $1500. I know Mike at Ringgold Dodge has a stock one.(706) 935-2328

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have tentantivly sold that crank to a doctor in Atlanta. If something falls through I want $1000.00 for it. A new one at cost is around $1900.00 (this was a new crank I had traded for)