Need help changing thermostat

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to install a cooler thermostat and am having a tough time with the themostat housing. I've removed the radiator hose and have all 4 bolts out but cannot move the housing more than 1/4" away from the motor. I do not have enough room to remove the old thermostat. Any suggestions??

Jim

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to loosen/ remove the 2 bolt of the cross bar thats right above the t-stat. sounds worse than it is. hope this helps.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responce.
Where are the bolts located? Are they obvious or are they hidden?

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to remove the intake,from what I recall the bolts are in plain few. Its the cross member thats about 2"X3" that the tstat hits, off the top of my head.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are still having trouble with the thermostat or need help burping the system please feel free to call me and I will walk you through the process.

Robbie

203-641-8569

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the burping process for gen 3s?

same or different from gen 1-2

thnx

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you drain the fluid from the radiator you should always do it from the drain petcock on the bottom of the radiator and do not drain more than you need to so as to change the thermostat. After installing the new thermostat and hoses you need to hook a small hose to the bleed screw on top of the thermostat housing and put the other end into a container that has clean antifreeze in it. Then you slowly pour clean antifreeze into the radiator overflow tank until all the air has been expelled from the bleeder hose. I like to let it sit overnight as air will rise to the top and go out the bleeder hose. Then close the bleeder fitting and remove the hose. Top up the overflow tank. BE SURE TO USE THE CORRECT ANTIFREEZE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper