Need help finding a picture.....trailer made from a Viper

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was like the back half of a Viper pulled by a Viper. I believe I saw it at the Nashville VOI but have also seen pictures here.
Thanks !!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here ya go
IMG_1264.JPG

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you !!
Any thoughts on how to make/configure one out of a GTS. Lets say you had a complete car to work with from the firewall back and a good front facia if needed. I'm not asking how to "make" it but how would you want it to look ? How tall compared to a whole car, how long ?

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check this out

American Custom Trailers - Home

At the county fair in Springfield about 2 yrs ago their was a company booth that made exact fiberglass repoductions of any car half for trailors. I dont remember the company name.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TONY, if you are going to VOI I'm sure he would tell you how to do it, that's Father Viper

Fortunately I am going to be a granddad Oct 15th +/-
Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do about VOI. I have a car there I can use and I would fly myself so I could depart very quickly if needed but it would still take a while to get back to Mississippi (where my daughter and new grandaughter will be)

Are there last minute sign ups for VOI ?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You see, I just acquired this GTS that is good from the firewall back. I decided not to fix it and just throwing some ideas around.
I recall a post a couple of months back where someone had a Viper with a wrecked front that they hacked off then put TV screens in front of the windshield and used the actual car as a place you sit and play racing games on the computer. They rigged up pedal controls and steering controls so it was like you were driving the Viper when you were playing the video game.

VIPER COLIN UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you !!
Any thoughts on how to make/configure one out of a GTS. Lets say you had a complete car to work with from the firewall back and a good front facia if needed. I'm not asking how to "make" it but how would you want it to look ? How tall compared to a whole car, how long ?

I have already made one out of fibreglass but have never completed it. Unfortunately the photo's are at home. If I remember I will post them tonight.

Co

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recall a post a couple of months back where someone had a Viper with a wrecked front that they hacked off then put TV screens in front of the windshield and used the actual car as a place you sit and play racing games on the computer. They rigged up pedal controls and steering controls so it was like you were driving the Viper when you were playing the video game.

Interesting !!!
Mount the whole deal on casters so it could be moved. Use the factory speaker locations. Mount buttkickers to the seats for vibration.
Raise the back hatch to access a beverage cooler ??

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
or you could just fix it..just sayin...

Ive seen a few bars done with cars exteriors and I always thought that was really kool...

Also not sure how high the ceilings in your home are but I used to work with stone..You know mostly table tops and bathrooms ect. but everyonce in a while a customer would want a kool waterfall ect.

Their was one job were we actually shaped the stone to look like the hawaiian mountains going through this guys living room and they were against the wall and 12 feet high...

I always thought it would have been kool if this guy was a car lover and had a poster/model of his favorite car ion top of the mountains..

Sounds pretty crazy as i read this butjust throwing out thoughts

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have a point...but, we know a GTS would look better than the RT/10 trailer :D

You see, I just acquired this GTS that is good from the firewall back. I decided not to fix it and just throwing some ideas around.

No way man,RT/10 LOOKS BETTER...:nono:......But then again i just got my GTS too...so...they both would look great! :2tu:

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi 1Tony1 way to go, I had the same idea quite some years ago, have just been emailed a link to your post here! I fitted a tow hitch to my GTS, so I could take a small trailer to the track with wheels, I made a simple trailer, but decided if I was going to haul with a Viper, I had to do it in style and wanted to have it look like a half a Viper, chopped straight across at the front bulkhead! I wanted to make the trailer floor a flat bed, so it could double as a trailer tent to camp the night, so using a Viper chassis was out. I made a basic chassis, and hybrid knuckles to take the Viper wheel-bearing on a trailer suspension unit, mounted above the frame to give a low floor and max room / volume. Internal dimensions were a good 6' length. Colin (UK creator of the mini-viper) had moulded most of the GTS panels, so he made me the body skin in one piece of fibreglass. Neil (UK) helped with the graphics to match my GTS and the front panel to be used, a huge flat sheet of lexan. I moulded the rear lift glass, and bought used OE lights. The rear fascia is OE, came from a UK '97 car I swapped a brand new fascia with as theirs was damaged (Dave UK its your car if you're reading!). Here's a few related pics, cool thing to do:headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

Viper is a fab tow vehicle, what ever you need to haul (flame suit on!)

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Nadine, thanks for the info.

Anyone have an idea where the thread is using the Viper for the video game deal ? I don't even know what to start the search with.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R