Need help removing cigarette lighter

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 97 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe and am currently removing the shifter bezel to get it refinished. I have removed the windows and foglight buttons, but I'm not sure how to fully remove the cigarette lighter from the bezel. Can someone please help me?

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe and am currently removing the shifter bezel to get it refinished. I have removed the windows and foglight buttons, but I'm not sure how to fully remove the cigarette lighter from the bezel. Can someone please help me?

Snap in, or a collar in the back that screws off and then you pull it out the 'front' of the bezel.

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snap in, or a collar in the back that screws off and then you pull it out the 'front' of the bezel.
I'm not sure what you mean by snap in? The only part I see that can be unscrewed is the lug nut on the back of the cigarette lighter that looks like it holds all of the small parts in.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by snap in? The only part I see that can be unscrewed is the lug nut on the back of the cigarette lighter that looks like it holds all of the small parts in.

The outer portion may be a collar that twists off, post a pic, im not an owner yet so i can only guess based on previous cars.