Need help with Nitrous install - wiring

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm installing an FJO progressive controller on my 94' and it says to tap the TPS and RPM line. For anyone that has used a nitrous controller, how did you tap these two lines and where? I found the TPS and tach signal going to the PCM. Should I splice into the wires near the PCM box and if so, do I simply 'Tee' off from these two wires? Should I tap the TPS near the TPS or at the PCM side? (Is it the same wire anyways??) I only have an input wire to the controller and no output so am I correct to assume that I don't actually cut the wire inline, but rather, just expose and solder a connection parallel to the line?

Thanks.

P.S. Anyone with FJO software settings on hand would be a plus also.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm installing an FJO progressive controller on my 94' and it says to tap the TPS and RPM line. For anyone that has used a nitrous controller, how did you tap these two lines and where? I found the TPS and tach signal going to the PCM. Should I splice into the wires near the PCM box and if so, do I simply 'Tee' off from these two wires? Should I tap the TPS near the TPS or at the PCM side? (Is it the same wire anyways??) I only have an input wire to the controller and no output so am I correct to assume that I don't actually cut the wire inline, but rather, just expose and solder a connection parallel to the line?

Thanks.

As you probably already know always splice in and never cut. Peel back about an inch and open the middle of the wire up. Insert your new wire, twist and solder. About as good as it gets. I would tap in close to the PCM. The motor creates alot of interference (Sensors and Coils) and you're reading things in low voltage. Make sure you tap the tach signal and not a coil driver. The FJO is one of the few things that can read a Viper tach signal (>5 volts) unlike the Raptor or other things I've seen not work.

I don't have my settings on me right now but I've posted some info here before

Click on below

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/610892-dyno-nitrous-results-very-disappointed.html

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...king-nitrous-problems-getting-frustrated.html

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks.

Take a look in the media galley in my photos, I have a diagram that should help you.

As far as the driver pack versus the tach signal. The answer is to use the signal for the driver pack, not the driver pack output. In either case you have to know which your device is asking for.. Both tach signal and driver pack signal can be taken off of the PCM, my schematic shows the pin numbers and locations. I have a new set of schematics which I will post for you this weekend.

96GTS:
I have installed two Raptor's (different cars) and they both worked immediately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets