Need Points of contact in/near Mayport, FLA!!!!!!

Reaction score
Well, it looks like LCDR Rickard (the wife) will be evacuating the Key West homestead today, tomorrow....or definitely by Sat. She will be heading North to set up the temp command in Mayport, and seeing as how I am all the way up in VA I was wondering if there are any Viper people in/near Mayport that could stand by to assist her if needed. It is taking all I have to resist the urge to head down there. While it seems like the right thing to do....I get the impression from her that the house will be sealed as best possible, and that she'll be OK in Mayport with the rest of the command. Plus, since I was a paramedic I completely understand the need to MINIMIZE the number of additional people "in the mix".

However, I would feel better if I knew there was someone for her to lean on if needed. She should be heading out of Cudjoe Key in the Rustang GT ( :) ) with her Sheltie puppy (and kennel), and whatever else she can get in the car. She told me the boat is as ready as it is gonna get, and all the dive gear is inside....but I am sitting here looking at pictures of Grenada and I am a bit worried.

Hopefully, though it will likely be at the expense of some other family, the storm will turn. I'd love to see it veer NNE and then head out to open water again, but I doubt that is gonna happen. :(

Having said that.....anyone down that way who wants to get far away (like VA), just needs to drop me a note! All I have is a humble home, with plenty of food, drink, and hot water.

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

My wife and I live in Jacksonville,Florida. I am a Sergeant with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. Not sure what help we can be considering I'm still waiting on my electricity to come back on. I do have a small Honda super quiet generator to run the basics. If she needs anything that the Navy can't help her with she can call us. You can PM me for my phone #'s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235